PDA

View Full Version : Strange Rocker Cover Oil Leak

Woznaldo
16-10-2010, 10:15
Yesterday I drove back up to Sydney from Melbourne (850km) and the car performed pretty well. I had carried out an engine oil change, with OE filter a week previously.

When I arrived back in Sydney I popped the bonnet to check that all was well, and noticed the there was oil seeping from the top of all three rocker cover attachment studs? See pic below:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa40/woznaldo/The%20Yellow%20Peril/IMG_3907.jpg

Could this be a breather problem? I've never had this issue before?

TrixNFlix
16-10-2010, 10:24
Do you have the washer gaskets under the nut? Mine still leaks from here with one on, could take the rocker cover off and straighten the rocker area the nut compresses. Piece of wood and a hammer would do the trick. :D

5teve L
16-10-2010, 10:34
Small blob of sealant under the fibre washer will sort that out.

Woznaldo
16-10-2010, 10:46
Thanks guys. I have reused the fibre washers quite a few times now.:ashamed:

Maybe some new ones with a blob of sealant will do the trick.:agree:

J$£5GTT
16-10-2010, 18:25

:agree:;)

jesus in the seat of a 5
16-10-2010, 18:42

:agree:..defo, woz i may have some new ones here...pm your address and there yours ... well , for a VB next time im near yours....:)

Woznaldo
16-10-2010, 23:31
:agree:..defo, woz i may have some new ones here...pm your address and there yours ... well , for a VB next time im near yours....:)

PM sent Matt.

As for the VB, done! I can't stand the stuff myself but I'll gladly your glass full if that's your poison!;)