PDA

View Full Version : Fixed or adjustable top mounts?

steveT2
14-10-2010, 09:11
Ime thinking of putting some fixed or adjustable top mounts on the GTT as anyone got any experience with using them good or bad? just wondering which are the best bet:confused:keep it simple... fixed or adjustable?
The ones i am considering are;
http://www.compbrake.co.uk/TOPMOUNTS/TOPMOUNTS_RENAULT.html

James5
14-10-2010, 10:22
I suppose the way to look at them is what do you use your GTT for or intend to use your GTT for?

The adjustable ones will allow you to set the car up for some neg or positive camber again all depends what you use the car for, both setups will eliminate the original dounghnut rubbers, bearings etc as they are built into the solid mounts, what you will notice is the fact it makes the car feel a little more stiffer up front using both and obviously the adjustable one you can set the camber up to how you want it.

As said above though if you just want a simple solid replacement just go for the bolt on version and away you go if you want some options to allow adjustments and fine tuning to your setup go for the adjustable type.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
14-10-2010, 12:41
Camber and caster adjustable with eccentric top mounts.
I normally adjust caster with the eccentric top mounts and camber with camber bolts.

You can adjust caster by pressing the A arm bushes back through the arm a bit, if you are a cheapskate..... Heh!