PDA

View Full Version : Fd rx7??

tubby5
11-10-2010, 14:02
After going to yorkdragway on Sunday and seeing a stunning looking rx7.I'm seriously thinking of selling the 5 to fund one.I know I'm mad and prob regret it but I do fancy a change :( it's not a defenate deciision

but anyway what are the pro,s and cons wiv an rx7 (if I was to get one it would defo b a single turbo one)

BriC
11-10-2010, 14:33
I thought they were all twin turbo.. or do you mean aftermarket conversion?

Good looking cars IMO! Would like one at some stage.

scratcher
11-10-2010, 15:09
I'm with Bric, they're such nice cars. I'm tempted to sell the Evo to get one.

tubby5
11-10-2010, 19:06
yeah,ment the single turbo conversion.really in two minds at the moment as ive spent alot of time on the 5(getting the 4efte engine in) just keep thinking do i go the next stage with the 4efte or just get an rx7.they are such a good looking car

i know what the other half wants and it aint no gtt:coffee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yN2o-3INxs

djinuk
11-10-2010, 20:20
i looked strongley into getting an rx7

first port of call was obviosuly the rebuilds.. i watched afew vids and the rebuilds look very simple, and even better considering the engine are small and easy to remove.. however when i joined the owners club i remmber the price of the parts being silly and even by undertaking the rebuild yourself its a lot of cash..

then the final straw for me was the fuel consumption which was silly but as soon as you start going for power it goes completely unreal..

still love to see/watch them though