PDA

View Full Version : for sales and wanted

Robbo
09-10-2010, 08:55
isnt it about time it was changed so that it was just an advert, with the potential buyer contacting the seller via pm. rather than loads of people discussing on a thread the parts for sale but with no real interest in buying them?

dangerous dave
09-10-2010, 10:22
isnt it about time it was changed so that it was just an advert, with the potential buyer contacting the seller via pm. rather than loads of people discussing on a thread the parts for sale but with no real interest in buying them?

if you or anyone wants the thread closed after its poster up just give me the nod:)

rtoc not always bad for spamming up forsale ads, sometimes they do get out of hand tho:crap:

some people still need to fall in line with the new format abit more, but they are looking better than before. :)

Scoff
09-10-2010, 12:29

Problem is, when we had the old website people used to say "Isn't it about time we could post questions on the for-sale add's" - so you can't win :)

Really, people just need to just think harder before they post in other peoples classifieds.

Ashy
09-10-2010, 14:55
I think the way its done on cliosport is worth a look, after you post your advert you close it. That way you don't get discussions about the price etc you have to PM the seller to discuss it. Also it keeps the adverts in order of newest advert at the top.

Ian S
09-10-2010, 19:56
Maybe a way is to have it so that the ad stays at the top and the messages don't appear on the forum anywhere other than the ad, inc the live window.

In other words, de-forum the classified section.

We'd have to find and hire someone to either write such a piece, or adapt and improve the classifieds from the old site into PHP so it can run here.

modfather
09-10-2010, 20:12
while we are on this subject of classifieds why not add in a timewasters section

Shane P
23-10-2010, 12:24
Just a suggestion,
It seems that a lot of people don't seem to be following the new format on the classified section. Lots of items are still being listed with information and pictures missing from them.

Maybe we need some form of application form style approach which pops up when you hit the 'new thread button' . This form would include 'require fields' which would automatically format the threads with the relevant information so that endless questions don't need to be asked once the thread has been posted.

It would prevent people from listing items with vital information missing.

It would also make things easier and clearer for the buyer and hopefully this in turn would benefit the seller as well.

Don't shoot me, it's just a suggestion :D

dangerous dave
23-10-2010, 14:12
Just a suggestion,
It seems that a lot of people don't seem to be following the new format on the classified section. Lots of items are still being listed with information and pictures missing from them.

Maybe we need some form of application form style approach which pops up when you hit the 'new thread button' . This form would include 'require fields' which would automatically format the threads with the relevant information so that endless questions don't need to be asked once the thread has been posted.

It would prevent people from listing items with vital information missing.

It would also make things easier and clearer for the buyer and hopefully this in turn would benefit the seller as well.

Don't shoot me, it's just a suggestion :D

the adverts are better than before, some people still forget that a top advert will get you more interest and your asking price.. if someone wants offers theres a place called eBay, they should take a look.. :D

i dont think i've deleted anyones adverts yet, just changed something..

we could do with a maximum advert limit, is this even possible? theres over 20 from a member at the mo which could have all been put into one thread.. if you can limit the number of threads from one member to 1, they will have to deleted there old or use there current thread.. :cool:

as you say if the spec popped up in the thread to start with you just add in each area.. some members have learnt the skills of cut and paste, others haven't.. if the member choose to delete or not fill it in, delete is incoming..

people still haven't read the classifieds spec, some dont care, and some just aren't on computers alot so really dont have much of a clue..

i'll dust off my button if people aren't happy
http://yesyesss.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/delete-button.jpg

but im trying to avoid it:)