PDA

View Full Version : tyres/rim seal??

GTphil
24-10-2008, 23:44
i have been having a bit of an ongoing issue with my wheels/tyres ive got clio williams wheels with 195/45/15 tyres and my tyres are going flat after around 10 days?? i belive this to be the rim seal i have taken the tyres to a tyre bay and had them re-sealed an after they were re-sealed they definatly were not leaking yet low and behold 10 days after flat again!! the valves are not faulty and i dont have a puncture in any tyre.

did clio williams have a different size tyre as standard an if so could this be my issue?

Schakal
24-10-2008, 23:49
williams clios had 185/50/15 tyres .
not sure this should cause your tyres to go flat though .

saying that i have the same problem on my chamade with 2
front tyres(tigars) ,pumped up to 32psi ,they return back to 16 ish psi
in a few days ,if i leave them any longer they go totally flat :confused:

dangerous dave
25-10-2008, 00:38
try harder on the rims, cleam them with a wire brush on a drill till they shine, then bang loads of black rubber sealent on there.. theres a really nasty red/orange aids in a bucket smelling gloop thats amazing, search that out if your still having problems...

how many tyres are dropping pressure?

GTphil
25-10-2008, 09:47
all of them! lol i will have to take the wheels off get the tyres removed and while im at it i may as well paint them, is there any kind of paint i can use for the inside of the rim. like you said clean it up with a drill/stone then paint it on the inside to avoid corrosion e.t.c as im presuming this is the issue in the first place.

dangerous dave
25-10-2008, 10:54
sanding and painting is the best way, lots of lacquer.. the alloy just bubbles and goes rusty, all the paint left over just creates channels for air so get rid and start again.... :)

gttjames
25-10-2008, 11:22
I have to do this at work sometimes, just using loads of rim seal will not work, tyres need to be removed, then i put a buffer on the end of a drill, and properly clean up the inside of the rim where the tyre seats, until all bits of corrosion are gone and its nice a flat, put tyre back on with rim seal and you will not have a problem.

Schakal
25-10-2008, 12:02
slightly off topic .
any chance you can weigh one of them willy wheels for me
once they are stripped pls ?

Brigsy
25-10-2008, 13:01
Might be worth getting the rims blasted/powdercoated so the inside edge of the rim is mint.

GTphil
26-10-2008, 16:01
slightly off topic .
any chance you can weigh one of them willy wheels for me
once they are stripped pls ?

no problem! not sure when im getting round to it tho! ;)