PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate

VALE46
07-10-2010, 22:11
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi, My R5GTT is getting a bit nervous as she will be stripped of all her old paint and primed ready for her new coat soon, problem is I need a new tailgate (old one) to rusty to repair to the standard the car will be when finsihed!!
Renault dealer say they are no longer available , does any one have a good one for sale or even better where can I get a new one??:crap:

car.crash
07-10-2010, 22:13
mike will be able to source you one or grab one off a campus and glue the spoiler on, thats what i have done as they didnt seem to rot as bad.

VALE46
07-10-2010, 22:29

Who`s mike ???:dearme:

Dudders
07-10-2010, 23:43

Who`s mike ???:dearme:

mike a.k.a 'phase i 16v turbo' on here ;)

Bigfoot
08-10-2010, 07:11
I have an ok one, but like said 99% of them are rusty, this one isn't too bad, just needs rear window removed and cleaning back, no holes as far as I remember. Wont having wires though as needing those for another tailgate but you can remove those from your one.

phase i 16 v turbo
08-10-2010, 08:41
I have about 10 in at the mo, if you get stuck let me know.

Thanks
Mike

dangerous dave
08-10-2010, 15:37
a really good solid tailgates hard to find, so many people used screws to fit the rear plates and they rot out huge holes. my last 5s plate was stuck on from new i guess as the little stickers were still over the plate holes..

i've been holding onto my mint one for 8 years, and will fit it to my new 5..

sniff out the best you can, and mikes is deffo the place to start as i spotted a few good ones last time i was there:agree:

phase i 16 v turbo
08-10-2010, 16:09
a really good solid tailgates hard to find, so many people used screws to fit the rear plates and they rot out huge holes. my last 5s plate was stuck on from new i guess as the little stickers were still over the plate holes..

i've been holding onto my mint one for 8 years, and will fit it to my new 5..

sniff out the best you can, and mikes is deffo the place to start as i spotted a few good ones last time i was there:agree:

Hi Dave, thanks. Yes I have a few good ones sat round and have added a few more since then.

VALE46
13-10-2010, 22:28

Mike, its John here ,re tailgate for my project, I am in cambridge, where are you in this wonderful country of ours ??? How do I contact you,let me know, cheers, John:)