PDA

View Full Version : OMG?!? just took carb off, and the idle jet isnt even there !?

xchipx
07-10-2010, 16:42
http://old.rtoc.org/articles/i/autofolder/VPFZPZNBRJTLOQKJIXEP.jpg

Image borrowed from the articles/faq section. This is NOT my image ^^

Upon opening up my carb to clean it, the idle jet ( the screw driver is turning it in the pic ), on my carb is snapped in half :eek: No wonder the car wont idle or start.

I wonder how this happened? Car idled fine, dropped girlfriend off at college, eninge off for 5 mins, never idled again without choke on full.... Wonder if the bit of jet that will have got sucked into engine will have done any harm?

I cant even get the remaining jet out, i will have to get some tiny stud extractors later.

Anyone got a spare jet ?

Sparkie
07-10-2010, 17:02
thats the air corrector, not the idle jet. - its supposed to be a tiny jet.
when you remove it, it is supposed to leave the outer brass section in the carb body.

xchipx
07-10-2010, 17:10
Yes i can understand that, but seriously it is snapped in half

xchipx
07-10-2010, 21:52
As in a previous owner had snapped the top off when undoing it or tightening it up.

The jet body is still in there, as well as the brass section.

Could this be my problem?

Matt Cole
07-10-2010, 22:51
As in a previous owner had snapped the top off when undoing it or tightening it up.

The jet body is still in there, as well as the brass section.

Could this be my problem?

I guess if half of it remains in there and its a correct size diameter hole, then no it wont cause you much of an issue. As said thats the air corrector and not the idle jet.