PDA

View Full Version : Easiest way to take carb off? Any special tools?

xchipx
06-10-2010, 14:08
I do have the Haynes manual for the R9 but that doesn't go into any details at all regarding removing the carb on turbo models.

Have just ordered carb rebuild kit which should be here in next day or so :)

Are there any special spanners or anything needed before i attempt this? I amhiping that any gaskets that need replacing, will be in the kit ?

Thanks guys

modfather
06-10-2010, 14:11
I do have the Haynes manual for the R9 but that doesn't go into any details at all regarding removing the carb on turbo models.

Have just ordered carb rebuild kit which should be here in next day or so :)

Are there any special spanners or anything needed before i attempt this? I amhiping that any gaskets that need replacing, will be in the kit ?

Thanks guys

if its anything like the 5gt turbo then its just a couple of bolts holding the carb to the manifold and a couple of pipes

James5
06-10-2010, 14:15
if its anything like the 5gt turbo then its just a couple of bolts holding the carb to the manifold and a couple of pipes

13mm bolt for the 2 x bolts that hold the carb to the inlet manifold, remove the pipes going to the carb, remove the fuel line, detach the accelerator cable, detach the choke cable, accelerator cable spring, coolant pipes to carb base, remvoe the carb lobster.

Job done, the carb gasket set will and should come with all the required gasket's think the RTOC shop one comes with the green seals for the carb throttle butterfly.

SCHWARTZ
06-10-2010, 16:54
13mm bolt for the 2 x bolts that hold the carb to the inlet manifold, remove the pipes going to the carb, remove the fuel line, detach the accelerator cable, detach the choke cable, accelerator cable spring, coolant pipes to carb base, remvoe the carb lobster.

Job done, the carb gasket set will and should come with all the required gasket's think the RTOC shop one comes with the green seals for the carb throttle butterfly.

what he said:wasntme:

Sparkie
06-10-2010, 22:53
actually 2 x 12mm nuts... if its 13mm they have been changed...;)

xchipx
07-10-2010, 15:42
Well carb is off now, was actually a lot easier than i was expecting. ( oh and it was 2 X13mm nuts )

Now its time to go strip it down.

Strange, i think my car might have an electric fuel pump, is that normal?

Big Steve - Raider
07-10-2010, 16:36
I think my car might have an electric fuel pump, is that normal?

Under the car, near the fuel tank - Perfectly Normal :niceone:

Somewhere in the engine bay - Odd? :scratch: