PDA

View Full Version : Oil Gauge not wokring

Slim
04-10-2010, 18:45
Why not? why doesnt my oil gauge work? Ive changed the Speedo or whatever you call it 3 times. And just changed the thing (i think its the sensor with 2 connections) that is bolted on the block that goes to the turbo. The oil line thing.

Hmm i dont seem to be very technical today. Wheres my brain! :laugh:

SCHWARTZ
04-10-2010, 18:47
forget the sensor and fit a mechanical one a lot more reliable.;)

Slim
04-10-2010, 18:53
No :cooter:

SCHWARTZ
04-10-2010, 18:55
have you tried a contunity(spell check) test on the wiring to make sure there is no breaks etc...?

Slim
04-10-2010, 19:07
have you tried a contunity(spell check) test on the wiring to make sure there is no breaks etc...?

no i havent... cos i dont know what that is. You talking about using a multimeter? which i dont have.. but... are you suggesting the next likely things would be wiring? great.. my favourite :scared: :rolleyes:

SCHWARTZ
04-10-2010, 19:13
no i havent... cos i dont know what that is. You talking about using a multimeter? which i dont have.. but... are you suggesting the next likely things would be wiring? great.. my favourite :scared: :rolleyes:

:laugh:mine too. all you do is test the same wire at either end where it meets the sensor and where it meets the gauge and it will tell you if there is a break or not. Just rules out another poss out. you could try using a bulb some wire and a battery make a circuit using the wire you want tested and if the bulb dosnt light up then its nackered. Never tried it but should work;)

Slim
04-10-2010, 19:22
:laugh:mine too. all you do is test the same wire at either end where it meets the sensor and where it meets the gauge and it will tell you if there is a break or not. Just rules out another poss out. you could try using a bulb some wire and a battery make a circuit using the wire you want tested and if the bulb dosnt light up then its nackered. Never tried it but should work;)

great. :dearme: il have to start on it soon. Oh joy

SIPI
05-10-2010, 14:03
I hope this is help

Slim
10-10-2010, 20:13
Ok guys.. im slightly confused now... am i supose to be concerned with the connections/connectors on the oil feed going to the turbo (one opposite the radiator) or the connectors below that on the sump??

IANMM
11-10-2010, 08:51
its the one on the oil feed....the other one on the sump is your oil level warning

Slim
09-11-2010, 13:20
standard oil gauge not working, but thinking of gettin a mechanical one. Before I do, i think i read somewhere that there is an earth on the back of the speedo? I dont think ive seen this... could this be why its not working??

REGGY5GT
09-11-2010, 15:10
i have the same problem, except mine is intermittant, also the speedo works when it wants, could there be a common earth fault or something??

Slim
09-11-2010, 16:37
there is 1 brown wire with some sort of connection that is behind the speedo, that i cant find where it should go... does anyone know what this is? the only thing not working is the oil pressure gauge on mine :scratch: