PDA

View Full Version : Lighting woes...

kayzee
01-10-2010, 00:06
Hi I noticed a while back that one rear light had gone, didn't really bother me as I never drive at night! However the other one went as well, so popped off to Halfords today to get some new bulbs. Put them in the bulbs work fine, as in pressing the brake pedal... but there's nothing when I put my lights on :confused: (fronts still working fine!)

I'm guessing the wiring has died somewhere!? Anyway after putting it back together my indicators have now gone barmy! Rear and side indicators not working, once again the fronts are though. And it's doing that annoying extra-fast-clicking when indicating.

I pulled out all the bulbs and gave them a magic twist, but nothing's changing :scared:

So now I can't drive it at all argh... any pointers!?

mk5gtt
01-10-2010, 07:33
Hi I had the same problem a few days ago one of the fuses had blown whitch knocked the brake and reverse lights out the fast clicking on the indicators might be a blown bulb on the side or front and would also cheack the ground behind the rear passenger. light make sure it clean hope this helps.

kayzee
05-10-2010, 22:28
Checked the bulbs, wiring and earth...

Everything seems fine but still no worky :crap:

Jimmy_GTT
06-10-2010, 07:49
Checked the bulbs, wiring and earth...

Everything seems fine but still no worky :crap:

Check your light switch. I think it can also cause such problem.

Smokey
06-10-2010, 08:00
Iv had similar problems with my indicators i cleaned up all the pins in the bulb holder as ther wer green and not copper, I also followed the wire back from the bulb and there was another concetor I done the same with that now my problems have gone.

Mat

kayzee
06-10-2010, 19:11
Check your light switch. I think it can also cause such problem.

Where it goes behind the steering wheel?

royz
06-10-2010, 19:45
Iv had similar problems with my indicators i cleaned up all the pins in the bulb holder as ther wer green and not copper, I also followed the wire back from the bulb and there was another concetor I done the same with that now my problems have gone.

Mat
also check that the bulbs are sitting on the contact right after clening up. and check there is no contiunity across any of the tracks as the may look clean but can still be tracking across from one to the other