PDA

View Full Version : car taxing

Ross99
24-10-2008, 18:22
i only have the green slip for the car can i use that to tax it or do i need the full log book? i have mot and insurance cert?

Gttnutter
24-10-2008, 18:24
yes you can use the green slip :)

raj
24-10-2008, 18:36
if im fully comp on car 1, can i get tax for car 2 which is in my name? i also have the green slip and mot.
or does car 2 have to actually be directly insured.?

Gttnutter
24-10-2008, 18:38
if im fully comp on car 1, can i get tax for car 2 which is in my name? i also have the green slip and mot.

good question raj and i'm wanting to know this myself as im wanting a 5 campus to run around in over the winter, but i have a feeling it needs its own policy

scratcher
24-10-2008, 18:43
i only have the green slip for the car can i use that to tax it or do i need the full log book? i have mot and insurance cert?

you can use the green slip as long as the date you've put that you got the car is within the last 3 months :)

Ross99
24-10-2008, 18:45
gt nutter yes own policy unless you do multi car which is a con, i tried to insure my 5 and the family car in my name thinking i'd only be able to crash one at a time etc, but its a no go, so god knows how a single person coes with 2 cars just cant figure it out, only logic seems to be they get more money!

OUTLAW
24-10-2008, 18:48
the vehicle you are taxing requires its own insurance, (it makes no difference if its fully comp or even third party) you may also use a trade policy. green slips fine along with valid mot..:agree:.

Hoolio
24-10-2008, 18:51

I've got 3 now and yes i need three sets of insurance and mot's to tax the cars.

raj
24-10-2008, 18:53
the vehicle you are taxing requires its own insurance, (it makes no difference if its fully comp or even third party) you may also use a trade policy. green slips fine along with valid mot..:agree:.

typical.! the traders get it easy. :cry:

Ross99
30-10-2008, 20:02
crap dont have a green slip so nothing to do with log book can i tax it online now as its up close of play tommorrow and be immediatly covered?

Kraig
30-10-2008, 20:24
The car would have to be registered in your name mate.
If you do it online, they will send it to the registered keepers address.

Amber5GTTurb
31-10-2008, 09:21

You can only drive another car when your fully comp, when the other car is insured. somethimes you can't, depends on insurance company

tobester
31-10-2008, 18:46
gt nutter yes own policy unless you do multi car which is a con, i tried to insure my 5 and the family car in my name thinking i'd only be able to crash one at a time etc, but its a no go, so god knows how a single person coes with 2 cars just cant figure it out, only logic seems to be they get more money!

I have two cars insured in my name, but they only let you use no-claims on one policy, tried using the two cars one policy service some people offer, but as soon as i read the first three mods on the 5's list they said no. Thank feck i'm old and therefore cheap :-D