View Full Version : clutch and accelerator pictures

robbie506
28-09-2010, 09:04
does anybody have any pictures of where the clutch cable should be routed and any for the accererator as mine seems huge.

when you press the accelerator pedal it just sticks to the floor now.

thanks in advance. :)

Alex
28-09-2010, 09:18
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=189&pictureid=6952

I know it's a poor pictures but you can just about make out the bracket at the rear of the subframe and along the chassis rail/suspesion turret. The clutch needs to be routed this way and clipped in place. :)

robbie506
28-09-2010, 09:20
anyway you can point out which bracket it needs to be on?

thank you for the picture you are a life saver.

Smokey
28-09-2010, 13:09
As for your accelerator pedal did you take ians advise off the other thread about the electrical connector as we done this to mine.

Follow the cable back 8 inches and it should be clamped into a bracket just off the scuttle cover somewhere above your downpipe, this may have come out or loose lift your pedal up and pull the slack back through the bracket and tighten it up.

You may have to pull some more slack back through where the accelerator cable connects to the back off the carb and re-tighteb up your block connector.

Hope your not too :confused: its easy.

Mat

robbie506
28-09-2010, 13:28
As for your accelerator pedal did you take ians advise off the other thread about the electrical connector as we done this to mine.

Follow the cable back 8 inches and it should be clamped into a bracket just off the scuttle cover somewhere above your downpipe, this may have come out or loose lift your pedal up and pull the slack back through the bracket and tighten it up.

You may have to pull some more slack back through where the accelerator cable connects to the back off the carb and re-tighteb up your block connector.

Hope your not too :confused: its easy.

Mat

not worried about that at all now i have seen the picture and now i know there is a spring missing it all makes sence now :) im going to do the bloke connector for it and robb the spring from my indicators for now.

the clutch worries me abit more as i am still not 100% where it needs to go but im gonna get it done tonight :agree:

Alex
28-09-2010, 19:57
Sorry I'm hopeless at drawing arrows and stuff on pictures :sad2:

You can see the cable in the photo can't you? The bracket is just behind the rear engine/gearbox mount on top of the subframe (ideally you could do with jacking the car up) :)