PDA

View Full Version : Itouch 2g problem Syncing (0xE8004006

James5
27-09-2010, 22:29
I have tonight attempted to sync my 16gb itouch to update the music library with the pc only to find that when doing so it crashes my pc or I get the following error message.
Error syncing (0xE8004006) sometimes I get error -48, -42

I am using Vista and itunes version 10

Now the itouch has reset itself and has no videos, music or games on attempting to load them just chucks up errors or crashes the pc:crap:

any ideas??

dangerous dave
27-09-2010, 22:57
a mates issues sounding like this and its was fecked, went for repair and they said

its was fecked..:(

do a google for the codes etc, theres some geeky forum out there that will have this info on there:)

James5
27-09-2010, 23:11
a mates issues sounding like this and its was fecked, went for repair and they said

its was fecked..:(

do a google for the codes etc, theres some geeky forum out there that will have this info on there:)

Done a few searches and loads of peeps seem to be having this problems even with the new iphone 4 looks like it's and itunes software problem

SCHWARTZ
27-09-2010, 23:37
have you tried a technicians back hand:laugh:

James5
28-09-2010, 09:02
have you tried a technicians back hand:laugh:

Well managed to have a play with itunes last night ended up fully uninstalling the latest version along with removing quicktime and installing and older version think 7.1.1 or something along with the version of quicktime it required after that i tried to run with no success it just wouldn't open up itunes, i then installed a fresh copy of itunes latest version and quicktime and for some reason this seems to be working at the mo. I have to admit I am only uploading music to the itouch 1 album at a time at present though, but I know have 3 albums on my itouch:laugh:

This is going to take some time to sort, still got to upload iron man 2 and A Team to the itouch yet:coffee:

James5
28-09-2010, 22:13
Hmm thought I managed to sort it last night but problem back from some reason instead of registering as 16gb it's only registering as 4gb which will explain the problem with size, looks like my itouch might be corrupt.

Anyone got any idea how to fix?? after all it's a portable disk drive really

SCHWARTZ
28-09-2010, 22:50
:smashpc:

SCHWARTZ
28-09-2010, 22:51
:wasntme:

James5
28-09-2010, 22:51
:smashpc:

:laugh: it' seriously getting that way:crap:

James5
01-11-2010, 20:47
Guess what, I have finally solved it and it works perfect:cooter:

Just needed to disable the USB Enhanced Host controller in the system device.

dangerous dave
01-11-2010, 20:53

that means nothing to me... but yay:agree:

car.crash
01-11-2010, 21:39
i had a 40 min chat the other night with microsoft on how to connect to xbox live and they highly recommended turning it off and turning it on again, failing that tell it your name and adress 3 times including DOB and postcode as apparantly that makes a huuuge differance :scratch:

car.crash
01-11-2010, 21:40

i was just going to suggest that after you tried my first way.