PDA

View Full Version : diet plans

robbie506
26-09-2010, 20:13
any body now of any seriousley good diet plans i need to lose about 2 and a half stone by christmas im not being the beer belly man on the beach again!!! im going the gym from friday aswell but if any body has a proven plan please tell.

plus the fact the misses said if i lose the weight she will get my interier on the car sorted inc seats done and a new carpet.:):):)

the drive is there just need the help.

thank you peeps

5alldaway
26-09-2010, 20:50
i lost about 7 stone over the last few years, just concentrate on the cardio work, people will tell you to do weights to help you tone but i could never be bothered to do cardio and toning and thats when i started getting the results i wanted

Ian S
26-09-2010, 21:01
As with many of these things it's about the strength of your desire to motivate and exert your will to cut out many foods and drinks that you like and have all the time.

Look up Paleolithic diet. It's a high protein, high fat.

Stop having simple carbs, eg, no sucrose, ie, no beer, sugary snacks. Also you might want to stop having grain and foods from it. Also rice and probably potatoes.

Simple carbs spike the insulin level which immediately causes the carbs to be stored in your fat cells.

Complex carbs also need to be reduced or cut out.

Don't neglect you vitamins and minerals so eat plenty of greens / 'salad' (no mayo!) and some fruit.

You want to get you body to burn fat, so you need to make it detect that your in a starvation condition, called ketogenesis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_diet

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

http://www.musclenet.com/getbulky/Info/WeightLoss/KetogenicDieting.htm

A pal on mine was 30 stone 15 months ago. He's now 15 stone and some of that is muscle he's built up though a lot of walking a gym resistance work.

He bought the book mentioned in marks daily apple, the Primal Blueprint and has been on the paleo high protein high fat very low carb no grain diet for 15 months. He recently had his blood tested for cholesterol due to the high fat, it was fine.

His protein is from 4 eggs a day, meat cooked with the fat on often fried in coconut oil, and from whey protein powder.

Edd
26-09-2010, 21:05
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Reduce carb intake and increase protein intake, eat 5 smaller meals (than usual) a day at regular intervals and AVOID starving (going without breakfast). Combine with regular exercise (cardio and resistance, keep rep range between 6-12). you should lose 2 pounds a week if you are sensible and honest with yourself.

:cool:

Ian S
26-09-2010, 21:05
cardio workThat can burn a lot of calories. A top cyclist might burn 5000 calories a day in training.

My 30 stone pal did no 'cardio' at all. He did start running on a treadmill but said, for him, it made no difference. He does a 6 mile walk each weekend.

Stop eating calories and you don't have to burn them.

Correction... stop eating the wrong type of calories and you possibly don't have to worry about burning them.

5alldaway
26-09-2010, 21:08
That can burn a lot of calories. A top cyclist might burn 5000 calories a day in training.

My 30 stone pal did no 'cardio' at all.

Stop eating calories and you don't have to burn them.

my main training has been running and i run almost 8k everyday, i still eat the worst food in the world tho, but you gotta live and enjoy your life :)

Ian S
26-09-2010, 21:10
I no longer enjoy sugar or wheat, the latter I'm told is addictive which is why you feel you need it and enjoy it. Once kicked it holds no attraction.

wrightygtt
26-09-2010, 21:12
Don't eat so much chubster, then you won't be fat:laugh:, only joking mate get on the rower 10/15 minutes a day and feel the burn, bit of running in the mix at the gym and you'll be a lean mean fighting machine. Either that or take up a martial art! easily the best way to lose some of that baby fat!:agree::)

Ian S
26-09-2010, 21:14
you should lose 2 pounds a weekMy pal has been losing about 3.5 lb per week.

He uses a great website called fitday.com to keep track of it all.

OK, their home page leave you a bit non-plussed, but there's a chart that you add your daily foods to and it works out the nutrition content and show you graphs.

Edd
26-09-2010, 21:16
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Be careful with the high fat. The "atkins diet" is scientifically sound but don't use it as an excuse to eat loads of processed meat like sausages and bacon. Ditch sugary carbs, starch etc and eat oily fish and lean cuts of red meat or poultry. Try organ meats as well, cheap and not as bad as they look. Loads of fresh veg and fruit, nuts and seeds and berries. As Ian said, wheat and the like should be avoided.

Ian S
26-09-2010, 21:19
Yes, thanks Ed, I failed to mention that, no processed meats, or foods really.

No Trans fatty acids, that 'take away's' are sometimes cooked in.

As Jack Lalanne said, "if man made it, don't eat it, if it tastes nice, spit it out".

MFaulks
26-09-2010, 21:21
I just lost about a stone over probably 6 weeks-ish, and it was quite simple really. I had not done daily exercise for years, and I started by eating a little less, not snacking, not grabbing lunch from the poison wagon etc, no specific diet plan… and then going for a 2mile walk at lunch time as briskly as I could and this didn’t start out well. I also tried eating earlier, to stop the eating late after work and then bed sort of thing. So I started not eating any big meals after lunch, and soup and salad in the evening when I got back. That was it, and I didn’t notice much to start with, and then the weight simply started falling off me. I then started running (trying too at least at the start), after work, same circuit I was walking at lunchtime. I’ve now hit a plateau, but I think my less in more out principle needs more out now to gain some more weight loss.

Go for it and enjoy, I actually like the running now :agree:

5alldaway
26-09-2010, 21:23
hehe runners bug! get yourself down for an event and it will help with the motivation :D

tiff_lee
26-09-2010, 23:29
Personally I think you can't beat running and i'm talking road running not bouncing on a conveyor belt while watching mtv in the gym.

Start with small distances and work from that. Perhaps a run in the morning before work or one after work or both ;) that's what I used to do when I was trying to shed some weight prior to the summer. As Ian says though it's all about motivation without that you won't get anywhere.

Oh and if you do decide to try running I would recommend you buy some decent running trainers sooner rather than later (a local running shop will be able to advise on what type), so many of my friends didn't bother until they developed pains and the damage was done.

However you choose to tackle it good luck :agree:

Chris Hebden
26-09-2010, 23:33
How do people rate cycling for weight loss? My knees cant stand the impact of running due to the large lump on top of them and also i've never run on anything harder than grass (used to play rugby quite a bit)!

5alldaway
26-09-2010, 23:57
i rate cycling, but not as highly as running, i mainly use the bike for 15mins before my run to warm up, and after my run i jump back on the bike for 15mins to keep me sweating, the way i look at it if you aint sweating then you aint doing enough

J$£5GTT
27-09-2010, 00:30
How do people rate cycling for weight loss? My knees cant stand the impact of running due to the large lump on top of them and also i've never run on anything harder than grass (used to play rugby quite a bit)!

:agree:,been doing it for years,but only got into road cycling past 3 yrs,started off doing 30-40 miles to build up to 'round the block' rides of 70+,done a 160 miles in july from bristol to exmouth an back,trust me you loose weight,but ideally you want to do some core work to,can be done a home.
:)