PDA

View Full Version : dody kit

robbie506
26-09-2010, 17:01
right my rear arch kit is hanging off the clips are nakard from when it went to the paint shop and the buggers never took any care.

what would be the best thing to reattach them with im not going to drill it and do it that way i only need a fix for the next 3 months then its being striped down for a nice little resto project. am i being daft by thinking using something like.

"no more nails glue" :scratch:

zinc
26-09-2010, 17:30
Tiger Seal or Sikaflex.

Not sure how easy it is to remove bits once they're stuck on though.

djinuk
26-09-2010, 17:40
my advice is user a cheap clear silicon (watter resistant) dont use tiger seal as you wont remove it without breaking the items.

robbie506
26-09-2010, 20:05
i will give the silicone a go hopefully that will hold for a few months.

Kris M
26-09-2010, 20:36
why dont you just cut the heads of some metric bolts and then araldite the threads back into the arches, then re attach them to the car in the normal way :)

Big Steve - Raider
26-09-2010, 21:47
why dont you just cut the heads of some metric bolts and then araldite the threads back into the arches, then re attach them to the car in the normal way :)

I agree with Mr Swindon PMT!! I'd go for a mechanical fix everyday over an Adhesive :crap:

robbie506
27-09-2010, 09:48

never thought of that i will do it wednesday. :agree:

thank you very much

TrixNFlix
27-09-2010, 10:14
If your going down that route robbie, why don't you use plastic thread and butterflies, like I have done in my White gtt project thread. No problems with rusting,;)

robbie506
27-09-2010, 13:15
If your going down that route robbie, why don't you use plastic thread and butterflies, like I have done in my White gtt project thread. No problems with rusting,;)

not worried about rusting as the car is going off the road after xmas full strip down so will be fine for a couple months :agree: and will look alot better than masking tape :laugh::wasntme:

Junglist
27-09-2010, 21:47

:agree: yeah all my arches are like this have been for over a year ,
cut the heads off some small bolts glue (i used the resin you get with fibreglass filler stuff) them into the holes in the arch and bolt to the car :)

sly-sy
29-09-2010, 13:14
Apparently - land rover arch bolts (course one side & fine thread the other) are quite similar - so a friend at a body shop told me, from what i can remeber the course end into the arch might have been too small but..

I have yet to investigate - worth looking into tho! :)

robbie506
29-09-2010, 14:28
these are getting done at the weekend i have cut the bolts already just waiting for so dry weather to do it i will post some pics of the job when its done.

J$£5GTT
29-09-2010, 17:50
stainless nuts an bolts ftw and the long run.
:)

robbie506
30-09-2010, 12:41
thinking about it to make life easier im just going to silicone it for now whats the point of spending the time doing it right now when im ripping it off again in 3 months.