PDA

View Full Version : clutch please help

robbie506
25-09-2010, 09:18
right had a look at the clutch this morning and its not doing anything push the pedal right down and the cable moves about half an inch (how much should it move) its had a new clutch fitted not so long ago.

i have never done anything todo with a clutch before so please be patient with me when explaning things.

i need this sorted by next weekend as the misses needs her car for next week.

if anybody is near liverpool and wants to take a look i would be more than happy to give you plenty bacon sarnies and some beer tokens.

cheers in advance.

modfather
25-09-2010, 09:30
which way have you routed the cable,is there any slack in the cable when its all conennected up

robbie506
25-09-2010, 09:44
there is no slack but at the same time it is not as tight as i would expect it to be.

i never fitted the cable on it either so dont know what way it is routed :ashamed:

modfather
25-09-2010, 09:49
ok i routed the cable from pedal behind the steering joint behind the rear gearbox mount then to the box.is it an oe cable you have used or is it a cheapy cable

robbie506
25-09-2010, 10:55
ok i routed the cable from pedal behind the steering joint behind the rear gearbox mount then to the box.is it an oe cable you have used or is it a cheapy cable

prob cheapy again it was done before i got it i will check where the cable routes then come back to you

SCHWARTZ
25-09-2010, 11:50
also check the pedal ratchet

J$£5GTT
25-09-2010, 19:06
genuine renault cable is your friend,the rachet can be confusing to set up,but once its done you should not have any problems.
:)