PDA

View Full Version : Website

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
22-09-2010, 10:04
Is is it me, or does the website go down quite often? Again this morning.....

Ian S
22-09-2010, 10:18
Yes, seems to have been down for maybe 1 hour and a half.

robbie506
22-09-2010, 10:21
yep and yesterday afternoon. and the day before aswell for a couple hours.

Tony Walker
22-09-2010, 15:09
Is that when it doesn't connect? i allways thought that was just me.

Scoff
22-09-2010, 18:09
yes, the site has always had stability problems, hence the sticky thread at this head of this forum
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=13987

We're looking to move to a better host again over winter. We've already all but filled the allocated HD space on this one. You all chat too much :cartman:

Ian S
04-10-2010, 18:39
Site down today.

Well, I was not able to connect to the server so couldn't restart it.

Just been on the phone for 1/2hour to Webfusion tech support and now I do have a partial log in. But tech support couldn't get fully in either and have logged a request to higher level support to look into it.

I also again mentioned the amount of instability of late.

Scoff
04-10-2010, 20:33
I rebooted it 3 times from work also Ian. I'm 100% convinced that the problem is not with our code. Even remote desktop was dead, chucking up random errors. Php was reporting memory allocation errors which tells me that something in the OS was do-lally.

I think moving it is going to be our only long term fix.

Ian S
05-10-2010, 13:40
Webfusion today have responded, in a very threatening way, to my support request and report that at some point we were successfully hacked.

They say our account (the hacker) yesterday morning portscanned another computer outside the Webfusion network who's owner complained to webfusion.

It might have been Webfusion that pulled the plug, or the hacker denied our service, they are not clear on that.

Either way, Webfusion blame us!!

I wouldn't really call that helpful or supportive of us, a victim!

Ian S
09-10-2010, 13:29
Earlier this week Webfusion found and fixed a fault with the 'Server Node'.

The site does seem to have been stable since then.