PDA

View Full Version : god dam renault heeeeelp

bye_all_c_ya
20-09-2010, 21:00
where to start engine was running fine then it started as if it was running on 3 so i changed the carb and it sorted the problem out then its started again so ianm came round tryed his carb ,we changed the dizzy ,plugs leads ,tdc lead , plugs , still running and missing but runs fine on tick over just misses when reving ive now taken the head off and conrods must be ok as piston hit highest point at same time so rods are not bent , push rods are straight tappets are good ???? comp test gave me 135 to 140 across all 4 with plug in and plugs out with acc on and also tryed with it off :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad: its doing my head in

SCHWARTZ
20-09-2010, 21:04
test for leaks inlet mainfold etc...

bye_all_c_ya
20-09-2010, 21:09
:)im changing it tomoz as the head is off so hoping someone can points somethink else while stuff is apart

bigdavec1974
21-09-2010, 09:15
Hey mate, I had similar issues last year. Turned out to be the tdc sensor wire.
Only really played up on damp mornings, so kinda intermittent .
Hope u sort it

bye_all_c_ya
21-09-2010, 19:51
ok update.... ive changed the inlet and exhaust manifolds and gasket, aei, vac pipe from aei to carb rebuilt and then did a comp test and again 135 - 140 across all 4 pistons . still missing on revs

ive changed the tdc leads disconnected the knock sensor,

any idea's guys im ready to put the match to the bloody thing:devil:

Slim
21-09-2010, 20:03
I had a funny missfire at 2500rpm.. turned out to be the main HT lead.

bye_all_c_ya
21-09-2010, 22:19
tryed another one no change
its blowing loads of black soot and running on 3 once revs are picked up from idle

IANMM
23-09-2010, 08:41
so after listening to all my advice what was the out come mate...????? :cooter::cooter::cooter::cooter::cooter:

Tony Walker
23-09-2010, 13:21
Sounds like the coil possibly? try another aei.

bye_all_c_ya
23-09-2010, 13:32
so after listening to all my advice what was the out come mate...????? :cooter::cooter::cooter::cooter::cooter:

hows your window :cooter::cooter::cooter::cooter: mine works:coffee:

bye_all_c_ya
23-09-2010, 13:38
fixed the problem i hope

items changed
aei
plugs
dizzy
leads
tappet rail
head gasket
inlet manifold
exhaust manifold
gaskets
rebuilt carb bit by bit
replaced jets ect
blown down fuel line ( incase of blockage )
used petrol no plugs in and turned engine pouring petrol down inlet port incase of blockage

so im hoping its all working again
id like to thank sparkie , my gf, the weather , sun light , the angle of my drive way for draining water and fuel away , my work for the phone i used , ow ya almost forgot ianmm

IANMM
23-09-2010, 13:41
hows your window :cooter::cooter::cooter::cooter: mine works:coffee:

yeah my really smart 16 yr old son.....how dare he whind down the passenger window.....does he not know it sticks....lol

IANMM
23-09-2010, 13:42
fixed the problem i hope

items changed
aei
plugs
dizzy
leads
tappet rail
head gasket
inlet manifold
exhaust manifold
gaskets
rebuilt carb bit by bit
replaced jets ect
blown down fuel line ( incase of blockage )
used petrol no plugs in and turned engine pouring petrol down inlet port incase of blockage

so im hoping its all working again
id like to thank sparkie , my gf, the weather , sun light , the angle of my drive way for draining water and fuel away , my work for the phone i used , ow ya almost forgot ianmm

you need to erect a shrine too me i think :)

i still think your G/F is messing with your car at night just so i have too pop around :) :cooter::cooter::cooter::cooter:

bye_all_c_ya
23-09-2010, 17:05
you need to erect a shrine too me i think :)

i still think your G/F is messing with your car at night just so i have too pop around :) :cooter::cooter::cooter::cooter:

i think you mess with my car so you can come round ( my cooking was ok maybe thats it ? is it shopping week again already?