PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure sensor leaking

djinuk
19-09-2010, 19:44
ive had a pretty persistant oil leak from the front of my engine.. ive had everything apart, tightened everything, ptfe wrapped all threads etc etc but no joy.. after looking closer it appears my oil pressure sensor itself is leaking.. going to get a bolt to fit the end so i can remove it for good but is it really likely ?

Shane P
19-09-2010, 20:48
You sure it isnt coming from the banjo bolt above the sensor, or the turbo oil return hose that goes into the sump ? :)

LYNCHSTAR
19-09-2010, 20:49
ive had a pretty persistant oil leak from the front of my engine.. ive had everything apart, tightened everything, ptfe wrapped all threads etc etc but no joy.. after looking closer it appears my oil pressure sensor itself is leaking.. going to get a bolt to fit the end so i can remove it for good but is it really likely ?

i had that problem aswell many moons ago i just used some thread lock sealer. im in derby if you need a spare.

djinuk
19-09-2010, 21:21
nah its definatly not coming from the banjo on the block, nor the turbo oil return, im 99% sure its the sensor iteself, ive put a fresh copper washer on it and ptfe wrapped the thread but still leaking, it looks like its coming from the sensor itself like where its pressed together.

dave j gtt
29-09-2010, 20:19
both presure sensors ended up leaking on both mine and a friends car ;)

dave j gtt
29-09-2010, 20:20
took me a while to find it. had eveything apart also.