PDA

View Full Version : Little black five !!

wrightygtt
19-09-2010, 16:22
Yep, just gone and bought another one:smokin: off MarkyMark, Its black, pretty solid by the looks of it and drives really nice just needs the bodywork sorting over the next few months. So i'll get some pictures of it in its current state then go from there. Starting a thread to really keep myself motivated with it. Bare with me I'll have to get a picture.:agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
19-09-2010, 16:54
I got some pics here mate if you wan to stick a few up, i took quite a few when i bought it and done the engine swap. ;)

Shane P
19-09-2010, 18:23
Sounds good, black 5's always look :pimp: :)

wrightygtt
19-09-2010, 18:48
I got some pics here mate if you wan to stick a few up, i took quite a few when i bought it and done the engine swap. ;)

Yeh sounds good mate, stick them up when you got time, and a little about the spec, awesome work as always:cool:, you'll be seeing it again as your hopefully be keeping me on the road:laugh: when I blow them up.:cartman:

SCHWARTZ
19-09-2010, 19:50
Is this your black 5 that was at the surrey meet marky? Did look smart nice and straight n all.:agree:

wrightygtt
19-09-2010, 20:21
I'm not hanging abooot, I've done the whole buying from Renault malarky and the panals/kits are never ripple free, pretty much every panal on the red ones from Reno, apart from rear quarters, so am going to do this on a budget/ ebay style. Looking for Drivers side Door/ in excellent condition/ any colour, and standard front and rear bumpers/ front foglights/ grille, not cracked but cosmetic damage is fine. If anyone can help send me a message!

Cheers.

Markey Mark (BD)
19-09-2010, 21:39
Is this your black 5 that was at the surrey meet marky? Did look smart nice and straight n all.:agree:

Yeah its my black 5 that i drove to Surrey meet in mate, i took David out in it and he almost agreed to buy it there and then. :D

I'll put the pic's i have of it up now of when i put it up for sale.

wrightygtt
19-09-2010, 21:43
Tell the truth!:D I was a bit of a pussy:dearme: although in all fairness when you go from running around in my car which at the time had no boost, to 17psi, its going to feel quick:laugh:

Markey Mark (BD)
19-09-2010, 21:46
Here's few pics

wrightygtt
19-09-2010, 21:50
Cheers Mark:)

TNT Tricky Nicky
20-09-2010, 21:22
i hope the fuel flap is staying :smokin:

looks like a nice one and if mark has had it there shouldn't be much wrong with it.

i started a project thread to re-motivate me but i don't think it's gonna happen, good luck with it :)

SCHWARTZ
20-09-2010, 21:28
Tell the truth!:D I was a bit of a pussy:dearme: although in all fairness when you go from running around in my car which at the time had no boost, to 17psi, its going to feel quick:laugh:

:burnrubber: its all about da boost:laugh:

wrightygtt
20-09-2010, 22:36
Cheers mate, nah the fuel caps the first thing to go:laugh:I drove it straight to my Painter mates lock up, so haven't had time to look at it yet as he lives 25 miles away! I'm going to keep it at my old dears, but I've got a Ford Puma(don't ask) to get together and get rid of first:disagree: . Unfortunetely that is a car I have no motivation for, I'll probably sell it to my sister:laugh: as she keeps eyeing it up.

scratcher
22-09-2010, 15:02
This used to be my friend's car :)
He done the TD-04 conversion on it. He also sorted some welding like rear bumper mounts, I think the fronts too and the sills were all gravy.

And now Mark's changed the engine it'll be a cracker :agree:

wrightygtt
22-09-2010, 19:10
Good news mate. I'm taking it to Peugeot where I work and am going to put it on the ramp this weekend, just to have a poke about and go from there:) also take the kit off and see whats needed.:agree:

wrightygtt
14-10-2010, 19:16
Been Busy the last 3 days, got the week off work, so have been going at it, no fannying about, Ill upload pictures tommorrow but have pretty much done all the prep work/ primed and ready to paint apart from the bumpers which I need to get! so tommorrow being well, I'll hit the shell, then do the detachables at the weekend, small stumbling block is I can't get the doors off as the pins have rusted shut, so left it to soak overnight, and hopefully they'l tap free in the morning:crap:.

I was going to repair the doors but I would of been there all week filling, plus they had rusted holes in the inners, and loads of filler in already, so bought some brand new doors from Renault at the costly sum of £476 including the hinge kit. :ashamed: Still least it'll be nice and straight.
The colour is going to be Obsidian black mettalic (Peugeot colour)

Markey Mark (BD)
14-10-2010, 20:02
Good man!!!:agree:

Looks like your cracking on with it, be good to see it again when its all painted up.

wrightygtt
14-10-2010, 20:55
cheers Mark, its a pretty good shell rust wise to be fair:)

wrightygtt
16-10-2010, 17:33
couple of pics

wrightygtt
16-10-2010, 17:35
How do you make them bigger?
I'll paint the doors and bonnet tommorrow.

Markey Mark (BD)
16-10-2010, 17:43
That looks awesome mate, real nice colur too! :agree:

wrightygtt
16-10-2010, 17:46
Cheers mate I was swearing this morning as it took me and the old boy 2 hours of bashed knuckles to get them doors off, lol:mad:, then was running out of time, thats why I painted the mouldings in situ, still tidies her up abit:smokin:, the colours proper subtle, looks black but when the light hits it goes flips with silver mettalic.

Edit- my red one that I've abondoned back in my dads garage for the winter:laugh:
might even sell it, the way the black ones coming along.

Mattw
16-10-2010, 18:42
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Good job looks well nice..

wrightygtt
16-10-2010, 18:56
Thankyou Sir:)

philr5t
17-10-2010, 17:30
top work mate nice to see another good project on the go keep it up mate :agree:

wrightygtt
02-05-2011, 17:54
So i decided to pull this out again, what with work and another flat move haven't really had the time for it, but have fitted everything apart from the interior back and 2 underlight trims which i need to find to the car, just needs a machine polish to bring up the shine and it goes for an mot wednesday.. Then i'll get some decent pics without 6 months of dust to it..
Oh and refurb the wheels, might go all black...:)

Markey Mark (BD)
02-05-2011, 18:04
Thats looking good mate :agree:

Miss that black 5, was good motor

wrightygtt
02-05-2011, 18:19
Aiii, mate.. Once I get my red one up yours eventually lol x I'm going to sell that one and just razz around in this. I like it, just feels more planted, aggressive and just an alround solid motor:)

Markey Mark (BD)
02-05-2011, 18:24
Aiii, mate.. Once I get my red one up yours eventually lol x I'm going to sell that one and just razz around in this. I like it, just feels more planted, aggressive and just an alround solid motor:)

Lol! I've sorted transport for the other one, will let you know details soon mate.

It is good car the black one, felt very solid when i had it that engine has alot of potentiol too.

wrightygtt
03-05-2011, 21:29
ok so gave it the 2 bucket method, nah just kidding soap and a sponge ready for m.o.t tomorrow..
few pics of the metallic in the sun:)