PDA

View Full Version : low temp stat?

paulsurrey
17-09-2010, 18:02
hi,just wondering if its worth getting a k tec low temp stat or is it not worth it and just use a standard one???:scratch:

Markey Mark (BD)
17-09-2010, 18:13
Bets off with the standard one mate. :agree:

dangerous dave
17-09-2010, 18:26
as above, although i run a low temp as i have a big intercooler stuck infront of my rad and no plastics ducking the airflow..

if your running the standard set up leave it be..:)

tiff_lee
17-09-2010, 19:11
Do KTEC modify the stats or does someone supply them like that?

dangerous dave
17-09-2010, 19:13
Do KTEC modify the stats or does someone supply them like that?

it has a spring and id say that regulates the opening pressure and would be done at the factory.. once again the tuners pull something off the shelf and claim it as there own clever mod..

if you look long and hard im sure its in any local motorfactors, you just need to go box opening..

phase i 16 v turbo
17-09-2010, 19:14
I keep low and normal ones in stock.

tiff_lee
17-09-2010, 19:19
it has a spring and id say that regulates the opening pressure and would be done at the factory.. once again the tuners pull something off the shelf and claim it as there own clever mod..

if you look long and hard im sure its in any local motorfactors, you just need to go box opening..

Well I did think that seeing as KTEC just appear to be a reseller rather than manufacturer, however everywhere I look there just seems to be normal 86/89 or some such stats.

I managed to pick up a low temp fan switch from gsf but now I either need a low temp stat or go back to normal temp fan switch.

paulsurrey
17-09-2010, 23:53
ok cheers,il get a standard one then:agree: