PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation

lee1707
16-09-2010, 21:14
Looking for some help. I finally got round to getting my 11 turbo running again after a few months of sitting in the garage.
I replaced the clutch with a valeo volvo 480 turbo, replaced the gearbox oil and gave the car a good service with new plugs, leads, oil filter and oil.
I removed the carb after draining some old fuel out of it and gave it a good clean up removing all jets etc. Upon trying to start it it would not start on the choke but with throttle pressed about 1/4 down it would fire up and run but would not idle on its own. After holding revs at around 2000rpm for 5 mins i tried to increase the engine speed but the engine would not rev freely with full throttle but would increase if throttle was gradually pressed all the way down.

Any idea or help on would be greatly appreciated

MFaulks
17-09-2010, 21:49
Lee, there is a good technical description of the carb and it's strip down and setup in the articles if you hadn't already seen it? I don't know this carb, but sounds like either some dirt / corrosion has been dislodged in one of the drillings and now blocking one of your jets (idle main by the sounds of it), or you need to check everything is back correctly if all was well before? Probably worth just checking again, and make sure the accel pump circuit and float and valve are working at the correct levels. Probably some individual foibles about this carb that I don't know, but others on here will and could point you in the right direction. Good luck anyway :)