PDA

View Full Version : clio turbo problem

Jpeg
16-09-2010, 15:28
First post!

I've got a mk1 clio with a renault 5 gt turbo engine but I'm having massive problems. When accelerating the whole car shakes violently and feels like its crabbing. I've had the tracking done but this hasn't helped. Has any1 got any ideas what it could be? Thanks

tiff_lee
16-09-2010, 16:50
Hi welcome to RTOC!

Is this only under acceleration? what about once you hold a steady speed?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-09-2010, 16:59
Wheel balance problems normally occur at 60 mph, driveshafts ok? All suspension joints ok?

Jpeg
16-09-2010, 17:17
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hey, the wheel balancing is fine. Its when at a constant speed over 30, feels like car is getting thrown all over the road, bushes are good, just replaced them. Could be a driveshaft, when we took the near side one out, one of the bearings had collapsed, but was told by a garage it doesn't matter, could I have bent one?

Markey Mark (BD)
16-09-2010, 17:32

Hey, the wheel balancing is fine. Its when at a constant speed over 30, feels like car is getting thrown all over the road, bushes are good, just replaced them. Could be a driveshaft, when we took the near side one out, one of the bearings had collapsed, but was told by a garage it doesn't matter, could I have bent one?

I would try another driveshaft in there mate, with a bearing collasped on the shaft there will be enough movenment in there to wobble about at high rev's.

Nice to see the clio is still going though mate. ;)

Jpeg
16-09-2010, 17:46

Thanks for all your help people! Gunna try get a shaft tomorrow, if not gunna have to wait a couple of weeks till pay day. Hope the bearings ok as its only 2 weeks old! Lol

reco
16-09-2010, 18:13
ave you checked the rubber bush in the steering colum that could throw you over the road on acc and constant speed i had that with y rsi just welded it up :)

Jpeg
16-09-2010, 18:22

Nope, lol, didn't think to check that!