PDA

View Full Version : Remote central locking?

tiff_lee
22-10-2008, 23:52
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi everyone, as some of you may be aware (from the greetings thread) I have just purchased my first R5 gtt and as such have very little experience with them.

So here is my first of no doubt many questions to come! my R5 is an '86 model (c) which if i'm correct is a phase 1? now the car has central locking which works surprisingly enough but do these have remote central locking as standard?

I have a renault keyfob with the keys and although the key fob works (well led comes on when pressed) there is no response from the car.

I have two friends with differing opinions on this, one says that it is the correct keyfob and the car does have remote central locking whereas another claims that the keyfob is far too new for the car as it is identical to his '95 laguna on.

I would appreciate it if someone could set me straight on this.

TL

Sparkie
22-10-2008, 23:56
is there a black rectangle above the centre interior light unit?- is there a circuit board behind it?
this is what your remote is communicating with.

tiff_lee
23-10-2008, 00:14

I believe there is with plastic IR face like on tv remotes, if I get a chance tomorrow i'll try having a closer look.

Gttnutter
24-10-2008, 11:33
you can pull it out but be gentle. A little tug will do,

I have remote locking aswell as alarm locking and the fob is a renault fob which is this style without the key

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/justg1974/IR-1.jpg

Mine still works but batterys dont last long.

Try replacing the battery's and give it a go, it may have a week signal so try it by placing the plip right up to your sensor.

Schakal
24-10-2008, 12:01
also quite likely that the receiver got water from the aerial mounting
hole on the roof

Barr's Irn-Bru
24-10-2008, 12:46

I believe there is with plastic IR face like on tv remotes, if I get a chance tomorrow i'll try having a closer look.

Unplug it m8 ,It's the worst security for a 5 .

Use a quality alarm with a remote central locking output .

Thats all I'll say on a public board .

scratcher
24-10-2008, 17:17

Thats all I'll say on a public board .

will the sky remote open it? that'd be handy as i don't have the key fob for mine.

Gttnutter
24-10-2008, 17:42

Thats all I'll say on a public board

UNPLUGGED :agree:

tiff_lee
25-10-2008, 17:46

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I think i'll go with the quality alarm/remote locking option then.