PDA

View Full Version : Should I break my 5?

zinc
16-09-2010, 12:17
Just considering a worst case scenario if my car doesn't sell...

Do parts for these sell quite quickly?

Spooky
16-09-2010, 13:26
Am, if youre having no joy on here, stick it on Autotrader :)

Hoolio
16-09-2010, 13:41
Just considering a worst case scenario if my car doesn't sell...

Do parts for these sell quite quickly?

Why do you think it's not selling? Maybe sort those issues first, it would be a shame to pull it apart.

Sy5GTT
16-09-2010, 14:28
Mine took about 3 weeks on Piston Heads before it sold. You'll have to put up with all the stupid offers for swapping it for Saxo's etc :wasntme:

zinc
16-09-2010, 14:42
Why do you think it's not selling? Maybe sort those issues first, it would be a shame to pull it apart.

Honestly, I can't be arsed to spend any more money on it.

I know it's not worth loads but it seems to be worth more in parts, which is why I was asking if parts seem to sell quickly? Tyres are pretty much brand new and could get some tax back so that's guaranteed £ straight away.

Shall give PH a week or 2 then Autotrader I think.

dangerous dave
16-09-2010, 16:40
no point breaking a 5 these days with cgb and mike phase1 have more gtt parts to choose from..

you could make a few quid breaking a oe 5 back in the day but you'll find yourself out of pocket stuck with a load of parts no one will buy unless its a few quid.. then you have a heap on the drive for months, cash flow in from it will be a trickle, so spent before each weeks passed..

only a car with stacks of after market parts is worth breaking as they sell..

dont forget the time to break the car, running to the post office, boxes, bubble wrap etc etc etc, its a full time job and at the end of it Royal Mail make more than you:crap:

zinc
16-09-2010, 17:18
Wise words Dave :)

I've had a few offers for the car now with one looking quite promising (although still a bit iffy) so let's hope it doesn't come to it.

Could always sell it to someone like Mike to rip apart I guess?

5alldaway
16-09-2010, 17:34
i broke a gtt years ago, at first things would get off to a flier but your soon left with a sheet load of bits that dont sell for sheet!