PDA

View Full Version : body panels, sills and windscreen surround

Ashy
15-09-2010, 22:59
Hi, I need to replace both outer sills and the bottom half of the windscreen surround. Does anyone know what my options are on this? Can renault still supply them or can you reconmend anyone that supplies good quality aftermarket panels?

Cheers Ashy.

Kris M
15-09-2010, 23:36
Renault no longer supply the windscreen surround Ashy, and as far as im aware its a renault only part....they still do sills but you can get patterns from hadrians or beavers ( one has closed down, i cant remember which )

TNT Tricky Nicky
16-09-2010, 00:21
As far as I know it was hear say that beavers shut down, last I heard a few months back they were still going. Hadrians is definitely still going as they supply a bodyshop local to me.

Worth asking at your local dealers just to see what is still available/what they can get their hands on

TNT ANDY
16-09-2010, 07:00
Hi, I need to replace both outer sills and the bottom half of the windscreen surround. Does anyone know what my options are on this? Can renault still supply them or can you reconmend anyone that supplies good quality aftermarket panels?

Cheers Ashy.

Speak to Handy Andy - He has a mate who is not a member that lives round the corner from him who has just fitted all those new panels to his 5. He's in the game and can get hold of those parts.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-09-2010, 09:49
I have a genuine drivers sill in the classifieds.....

Ashy
16-09-2010, 12:54
Cheers for the replies,

Just been onto Reno, they have sills in stock at £126.87 each + VAT :eek:

Waiting for them to fax me a screen from their system through to identify the windscreen surround. But if they have one (which sounds unlikely) i bet its not cheap!

Thanks for the offer on yours mat, I think it'll just be the logistics of collecting it. Unless your at RWS this weekend?

I have spoken to a local panel stockist who does sills for £35.00 + vat but don't do windscreen surrounds!

I'll drop Handy Andy a PM too :)

SP33DY
16-09-2010, 15:06
Sounds expensive this Ashy, you might have to buy the wife a new runaround and stick everything on her clio and join the clio turbo club :cooter:

benj88
16-09-2010, 16:49
http://www.cgbmotorsport.net/sill-replacement-383-p.asp

Ashy
16-09-2010, 17:22
Sounds expensive this Ashy, you might have to buy the wife a new runaround and stick everything on her clio and join the clio turbo club :cooter:

Never, couldn't own a clio anyway, I dont have a snow foam lance!

Penfold aka The Dealer
16-09-2010, 17:46
Hadrian body panels has this in stock

68-05-006 | 1 | RENAULT R5 (02/85-01/93) - FULL SILL 3 DOOR C/W PLATE R/H Unavailable
68-05-007 | 1 | RENAULT R5 (02/85-01/93) - FULL SILL 3 DOOR C/W PLATE L/H £48.65 INCLUD VAT

HAndy
16-09-2010, 18:04
Speak to Handy Andy - He has a mate who is not a member that lives round the corner from him who has just fitted all those new panels to his 5. He's in the game and can get hold of those parts.

he is a member ;)
his user name is newbs, to be honest i think he completed his restoration almost 2 years
ago,and sourced his parts through renault wests (kings lynn branch) so i would have thought if parts are now unavailable direct through renault uk then chances are its a no no :(

have just tried his mob with no joy, will ring him again later just to make sure