PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Buck aka JRP's 5

JRP
15-09-2010, 10:39
It started smoking a tad on idle a few weeks back, after it had been run upto temp etc.. sitting at lights and suddenly it starts to puff a little smoke.

So decided to stop using it for the year.

But this morn i had to get to an apointment that i got last min with quack.

On my merry way in the 5, no real boosting as such just a poodle.
Noticed when i got to about 60mph whisps of smoke, almost jet stream like... very faint so on my merry way i continue.

After appt i drive home, make the first set of lights and thought.... hold on whys it smoggy round here alas its me..

Seems my turbo oil seals have kaput.. well thats my diagnosis (mark sloan style)

Its whitey/faint blue with oil stench..

Do people agree,:laugh::laugh:http://nswiki.net/images/PIC_Mark_Sloan.jpg

TrixNFlix
15-09-2010, 10:45
Wip your turbo off, were it bolts to the mani, should be free of oil with your exhaust wheel on the turbo all oily. Hopefully.

car.crash
15-09-2010, 11:04
You better hope that you have not done more damage like I did. I said you shouldn't drive it if it's smoking.

JRP
15-09-2010, 11:17
You better hope that you have not done more damage like I did. I said you shouldn't drive it if it's smoking.

I had your voice in my head for the whole journey! and knew that you would crucifie me.. but it had to be taken out :(

JRP
15-09-2010, 11:17
I had your voice in my head for the whole journey! and knew that you would crucifie me.. but it had to be taken out :(

Busy playing reach at the mo ;)

tiff_lee
15-09-2010, 11:41
Busy playing reach at the mo ;)

ha you gotta prioritise after all

JRP
15-09-2010, 11:49
ha you gotta prioritise after all

Well car is too hot to touch at the mo so good excuse :)

wrightygtt
15-09-2010, 17:03
How come your not going to use it for the year, too nice use with the crap weather coming up?:) Are you going for a bigger turbo next time or sticking with the same, I've got a t2/t25(unsure of the exact spec) from MarkyMark, I think he got it from Adam L, which Mark set up and its the dogs dangleys:cool: at 17psi of boooost:agree:

JRP
15-09-2010, 17:12
How come your not going to use it for the year, too nice use with the crap weather coming up?:) Are you going for a bigger turbo next time or sticking with the same, I've got a t2/t25(unsure of the exact spec) from MarkyMark, I think he got it from Adam L, which Mark set up and its the dogs dangleys:cool: at 17psi of boooost:agree:

Off road as soon as salt/grit hits our roads, and at the mo that looks soonish going on the weather, also i wont have the funds to get it sorted before that weather hits.

Gives me the winter to crack on and do the bits i still anna do and bits i wanna tidy up..

Cant see the point in using it in ****e weather after lashing X amount on her.

wrightygtt
15-09-2010, 17:18
Fair play mate, your doing a sterling job, by the looks of your restoration thread:agree:
edit-
lol at your avatar pic:laugh:

JRP
15-09-2010, 17:20
Fair play mate, your doing a sterling job, by the looks of your restoration thread:agree:

Thanks mate means alot, although huge thanks goes to local lads like philr5t james5 dave..h etc they have helped me through all kinds of **** with it :agree:

philr5t
16-09-2010, 01:16
Thanks mate means alot, although huge thanks goes to local lads like philr5t james5 dave..h etc they have helped me through all kinds of **** with it :agree:

always a pleasure mate hurry up and get a turbo i wanna see it on the road again mate