PDA

View Full Version : GTT Clocks into a Campus + Speedo Wiring + God knows what

robw
12-09-2010, 18:59
Does anyone know how to get the GTT clocks working in a 1996 Campus?

The car has a GTT engine in but needs finishing as theres a lot to do.

1: Speedo needs wiring up?
2: Fuel Pump is on a switch?
3: Fan is on a switch
4: How would I go about making the rev counter, petrol gauge etc work on the GTT Dials?
5: Some vac pipes not connected and a sensor on the right side of carb not connected?

If anyone can shed some ideas I would be greatfull! :scared:

Chris - Borrowing rob's account for this!

Harri
13-09-2010, 14:52
Does anyone know how to get the GTT clocks working in a 1996 Campus?

The car has a GTT engine in but needs finishing as theres a lot to do.

1: Speedo needs wiring up?
2: Fuel Pump is on a switch?
3: Fan is on a switch
4: How would I go about making the rev counter, petrol gauge etc work on the GTT Dials?
5: Some vac pipes not connected and a sensor on the right side of carb not connected?

If anyone can shed some ideas I would be greatfull! :scared:

Chris - Borrowing rob's account for this!

I have my GTT engine, engineloom and clocks in a GTX prima shell. I was prepared to change dashboard but then I noticed that the differences are minimal and explained here

1. I wired the engine loom directly to the socket
2. You can source fuel pump relay and do the wiring yourself
3. I don't remember having any trouble with fan
4. You need to add speedo wiring and boost which are separate to gtt clocks, after that clocks should work.

robw
13-09-2010, 19:35
Thanks for the reply

When I plugged in the GTT clocks nothing worked at all apart from if you put full beam on some of the instrument lights illumination but not the correct ones?!

Anyone wired in a fuel pump relay / speedo ?

modfather
13-09-2010, 20:19
i done a 5gts prima to a gt turbo conversion found that there is a couple of relays (whre the fuse box and relays are ) that are not the/missing i got some relays here cant remember which 1s are missing tho :scratch:. as for the speedo you will need to get a gt turbo speedo from the box. do you have the correct wiring for the fuel pump that runs down the driver side of the car

robw
13-09-2010, 22:23
I'm actually borrowing this account temporarily, I know NOTHING about these engines and have only had the car a week or so!

So I honestly do not know if I have the correct wiring or not but I assume not lol. It has the GTT box and a wiring plug coming off I think, heres a picture (see it in the scuttle panel?)

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z200/45_CB/R5/Engine.jpg

Here is a picture of the sensor not connected on the carb and a vac pipe not connected?

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6503/sam0359p.jpg

And the hose from the air filter!! What goes here and from where!

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4394/sam0362s.jpg

Boris
15-09-2010, 20:58
BMS ftw. Im only 20 minutes drive away from you, bring it over and ill get it sorted.

:)

Harri
16-09-2010, 15:03
is the UK campus 1.4l NA engined with basicly same accessories as GTT (electric central locking, windows etc)? that's what my GTX is and maybe there's the difference why your clocks wont work at all.

robw
17-09-2010, 22:43
is the UK campus 1.4l NA engined with basicly same accessories as GTT (electric central locking, windows etc)? that's what my GTX is and maybe there's the difference why your clocks wont work at all.

Yeah the wiring connections are all there but dont make any difference to the clocks. No doubt all different but didnt know if anyone knew which wires did what on the GTT loom

robw
17-09-2010, 22:45
BMS ftw. Im only 20 minutes drive away from you, bring it over and ill get it sorted.

:)

:smokin: Sounds like a plan bud.

Wish I still had the BMS backbox off second 5. PM me your number and i'll txt you to see when your free

robw
24-09-2010, 19:51
Massive thanks to Alastair and Boris both on here

Absolute hero's and GTT gods! :smokin:

Car much more attention but the good thing is that its not a ticking time bomb / fireball waiting to happen!

Cheers again lads
Chris

Alastair
25-09-2010, 20:02
Massive thanks to Alastair and Boris both on here

Absolute hero's and GTT gods! :smokin:

Car much more attention but the good thing is that its not a ticking time bomb / fireball waiting to happen!

Cheers again lads
Chris

Chris, pleasure mate. Drop me a line and we can finish off the job somtime this week, preferably in daylight this time though ;-)

robw
26-09-2010, 00:07
Chris, pleasure mate. Drop me a line and we can finish off the job somtime this week, preferably in daylight this time though ;-)

just sent you and boris a pm matey!

daylight would be a fine idea lol :laugh: