PDA

View Full Version : where was you on 9/11

robbie506
10-09-2010, 22:28
as the anniversary looms tomorrow (saturday) it seems that everybody knows what they was doing when the planes hit. i was at home recovering after having seven shades of crap beaton out of me by a local group of wannabes. (got my revenge though:laugh:) .

i have watched alot of info about this and with all that i have seen this is the most emotional thing i have seen. this is heart breaking nothing bad but watch it. im not that emotional but this hit me.

it is true by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G0vP3dQvyY

Tony Walker
10-09-2010, 22:41
:( so sad, I was in my IT class, we had a tv and all watched it happen. truly terrible.

5alldaway
10-09-2010, 22:49
i came home on the bus and switched the tv on and it was all over it

JRP
10-09-2010, 22:52
I went back to my 2nd home to find the door open and my mates all in the lounge having ditched work and school and college.. shoes and bags strewn all over the hall way.. i thought what the hecky pecky.. then saw on tv the second plane hit.. errr the door just stayed open for the first time in years silence fell on a normaly rowdy house.. very upsetting and sad occasion

Big Steve - Raider
10-09-2010, 22:53
Good posting this! :goodpost:

I was living in Ireland and working nights at a company & was just chilling at home after getting out of bed late. I turned the TV on and watched it all unfold LIVE on TV! :eek:

Felt like I was watching an action movie as I couldn't believe what was going on?

JRP
10-09-2010, 22:57
Please can nobody post the countless conspiricie theorys on this thread as it would then decend into somthing that it truely shouldnt. I KNOW its stiking my neck out asking that and thusly iam expecting some crap typical comment... but just asking..

Tony Walker
10-09-2010, 23:04
:agree:

rs250nut
10-09-2010, 23:27
I remember this like it was yesterday, I woke up on my mates floor after a heavy night out on the lash, switched the telly on to see the whole thing unfold. I remember at the start thinking **** a plane as accidently crashed into one of the twin towers, then when the second hit it was like my stomach was ripped out, I could not believe what I had just seen. Me and the missus visited ground zero and I must say its the most strange experiance of my life, goose pimples the lot, close to tears we left.

J8TRO
10-09-2010, 23:55
I heard on the radio about the first plane at work, just thought it was a light aircraft. Popped home and was telling my mum, turned on the TV and 2 minutes later the 2nd plane hit.

What was actually happening suddenly became very apparent. Sickening is the only word i can think of to describe it

Lomo
11-09-2010, 00:03
I was down at the golf club having a brew in the shop when my Dad phoned to get home and watch the tv! I just missed the second plane hitting when I got in but then proceeded to watch the next 18 hours of television straight through at a friends house smoking far too much weed!!:smokin:! It was defiantly the day that changed the world! Needless to say my pot smoking days have finished! :beer: Adulthood catches us all in the end! :D

r5adz
11-09-2010, 00:42
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I was working at a ladies house when it happened. Her husband was from new york and was on business there right by the twin towers. I couldn't believe how calm she was about the whole thing. I think her exact words were " oh i guess i should try and contact him" unbelievable! Oh he was fine by the way!

Shane P
11-09-2010, 00:53
I was on the college bus on my way in for a half day when people started talking about it out loud.

I spent the rest of the journey thinking "Oh great, as a result of this, from now on, every dumb motherf****r that goes to this god forsaken college is gonna think i'm an arab now, this is going to be a fun life" :(

minty83
11-09-2010, 04:06
i was trying my hand at bricklaying as a youth, the radio was on and it was mark and lard or something like that on radio 1, for a good 2-3 hrs we didnt know weather it was a hoax or real... theres still plenty of people out there that think the americans had a part in it..... and i really cant believe they even considered building a temple in the same region... no respect.

wrightygtt
11-09-2010, 08:38
I was at home on a week off watching Sky sports news/ something about Man****e when they cut the broadcast and went straight to sky news, thats when the second plane hit live on Tv, fcuking terrible. I also watched it for the next god know's how long, it was almost as if it wasn't real!:(

robbie506
11-09-2010, 08:38
i knew there would be some interesting post's on here for this keep them coming :agree: meant to say aswell i wastching a dvd when my mum burst into my room andd said put the news on about a minet later the second plane hit :eek: y mum said then this will be war she wasent wrong. again it was like it was yesterday

Alan
11-09-2010, 08:40
I was in the oman desert on a massive army excersice, Just finished a mage 18hr drive from the top of oman to muscat port, went for a bit of food in the scoffhouse eyes bleeding, and the news was being shown on a massive plasma, i think i was only 18/19 at the time, and didnt really know how much of a big deal was, i just sort of shrugged it off. However my short term memory is terrible, but i do remember it like it was yesterday

robbie506
11-09-2010, 08:42
Please can nobody post the countless conspiricie theorys on this thread as it would then decend into somthing that it truely shouldnt. I KNOW its stiking my neck out asking that and thusly iam expecting some crap typical comment... but just asking..

philg
11-09-2010, 09:04
I was at work, my girlfriend rang me and told me, i walked into the workshop and it was very quite, everyone was stunned.

The new Bill J
11-09-2010, 12:15
Me and the missus visited ground zero and I must say its the most strange experiance of my life, goose pimples the lot, close to tears we left.

I went there in January 2003 and as you say, it was such a strange, emotional experience. There was an eerie silence about the place, with a lone busker playing America the Beautiful - Immediate goose bumps! We walked around the area as well, and all of the drainage system in Lower Manhattan was still full of all the brick dust from the towers. An experience I'll never forget :(

As for where I was at the time, I was working nights (security in an MOD building) so I was asleep at the time. I remember waking up and turning the TV on, wondering why every channel was showing the news. Then it clicked what was happening, and as so many others, I was glued to the TV/newspapers for about a week after, probably more.....

scratcher
11-09-2010, 12:46
I was in year 11 at school and I used to go home for lunch as it was only down the road.
Me and a mate were watching Kenan and Kel with our Pot Noodles and a news flash popped up.
The first plane had crashed into the World Trade Center.
We were so shocked and didn't really believe it. We carried on watching and saw the second plane crash.
We went back to school and no one believed what had happened antill we got our R.E teacher to put on the news.

jimmy_b
11-09-2010, 14:06
i was laying in bed recovering from a knee opperation that i had a few days before

J$£5GTT
12-09-2010, 19:07
i was in the usa,colorado up in the mountains at breckenridge,working as a mountain bike guide,that day i was looking after the chalet as everyone had gone to moab utah,and it was my turn,just flicked on the tv.....:eek:....i could go on but its all up in my head an wont be forgotten...flew home via newark,landed there an saw the buildings,well what was left still smoldering.....

how freaky,my post is 2001..

Bass J
12-09-2010, 20:13
I was on holiday in spain ..due to go home the next day.

Walked into the room with the tv on said to my dad "oh what film is this?!" ..my face when my dad said "it aint a film ..its real!" ..seen the second plane hit live :(.

Next day at the airport ..security was high ..armed police and police dogs ..was an experience goiong through that checkout proceedure.

Smokey
13-09-2010, 08:13
I was at school in year nine i think and we were at Frank Chapman for the week, on the morning it apend coinsidentley (spelling) i always remember 5 or 6 toenadoes fly over head then later on in the day we found out from the teachers.

Due to the lack of tv's we didnt really find out much till when we got home and all was apparent this was going to be a war.

(o and my spellings terrible :wasntme:)

Mat

dave j gtt
16-09-2010, 23:03
I$ was at home in front room with my old dog *rip*

With tht news chnnel on and reading and watching vidoes sim to this intresting one ;)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2886269353175462948#

just for you JPR cos i care and i like it :cool:

garya
16-09-2010, 23:37
I was in my english class when i heard the news,and wasnt till i got home from school that i seen how bad it was on tv.truely sad sad day:(

Junglist
17-09-2010, 13:00
i was on gaurd duty at Dalton bks in Abingdon and had just came off the night shift ,
we had to go back on duty as the alert state rose ,, :crap::(

scott 5gtt
17-09-2010, 15:39
I was shoping in middlesbrough highstreet and every one was piled around the window of a tv sales shop the silence was unreal

robbie506
17-09-2010, 15:48
I was shoping in middlesbrough highstreet and every one was piled around the window of a tv sales shop the silence was unreal

that must of been weird like being in a movie or something

actiondanuk
18-09-2010, 09:29
I was on honeymoon in mexico having a lazy morning in bed, trying to find something to watch on the tv in the hotel room, and as all the channels were in spanish I thought they were all playing the same film. Wasnt untill I found espn sport (in english) that I found out what had happend.