PDA

View Full Version : Side decals??

Alan
10-09-2010, 16:04
Are these any good???
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130333756347

Hoolio
10-09-2010, 16:08
If you are happy to fork out £60 for those very poor copies you should be happier to fork out the full whack for the real mccoy.

Sorry that comes across a little harsh but they really don't look very good.

Alan
10-09-2010, 16:10
Nah thought it was too good to be true, Altho i still cant belive no one has found somewhere that can get them made up:crap:

Penfold aka The Dealer
10-09-2010, 16:12
If you are happy to fork out £60 for those very poor copies you should be happier to fork out the full whack for the real mccoy.

:agree: Although brigsy copies looked good, seen them in the flesh, u can tell the difference but they are very good... personally i am going for genuine when i get round to putting them on the car, i can get discount on them around 15-20% possibly 30% if a group buy, but the number of genuine people after them is very low...:(

BluntyR5GTT
10-09-2010, 16:17
mate if u can get discount id defo be interested as my car is going in for a respray over the winter and id love get the decals back on there at the same time

Alan
10-09-2010, 16:35
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=820&pictureid=10589
Are they them?? Briggys replicas?

Alan
10-09-2010, 16:44
:agree: Although brigsy copies looked good, seen them in the flesh, u can tell the difference but they are very good... personally i am going for genuine when i get round to putting them on the car, i can get discount on them around 15-20% possibly 30% if a group buy, but the number of genuine people after them is very low...:(

What sort of price are we looking at,
My problem is on the drivers door, its rusting through the decal, and yoou have no idea how hard it is the get a rust free tungy door with decal. So it's going to be easyier for me to get a door and then a new decal set.

r5adz
02-10-2010, 21:25
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Keep your eye on ebay, you never know. I got a set for 60 quid, they were put on with a starting bid of 40 quid. Couldn't believe nobody wanted to bid higher but the auction did end at 11-30 am on a week day. My wife kept an eye on them for me. There genuine ones, they came with a renault main dealer receipt. I think they were probably found in the back of the parts dept' and they just wanted to get rid of them. Nice little touch!

Jimmy_GTT
03-10-2010, 16:04

How much would be a set of original decals?
I'd be interested in a group buy. (Maybe also a friend of mine here in Hungary.)

dangerous dave
03-10-2010, 17:55
i'd need the price dragged right down, there stickers.. i couldn't put them on a car that might need paintwork so would have to have mine go through the bodyshop first, and then if something ever happens to a door i need oe again, at what price? mega money

i really think our moneys better spent in a top quality copy that we can stock up on like the oe dial.. going oe might set you up for a bigger fall if something happens to you car and you need another..:(

robbie506
04-10-2010, 09:29
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Keep your eye on ebay, you never know. I got a set for 60 quid, they were put on with a starting bid of 40 quid. Couldn't believe nobody wanted to bid higher but the auction did end at 11-30 am on a week day. My wife kept an eye on them for me. There genuine ones, they came with a renault main dealer receipt. I think they were probably found in the back of the parts dept' and they just wanted to get rid of them. Nice little touch!

they were from renault manchester fella called barry he bought a load of stock from a dealer which went out of business he has a losd of stuff he wants to get rid of im waiting for a full list of him.

Brigsy
04-10-2010, 13:34
Id say o.e all the way for the graphics myself.

I only got replicas made to fit over the top of my original graphics as some muppett has laquered over the originals, im not willing to get both sides of the car painted to fit new.

philg
04-10-2010, 18:23
I bought copy's, thinking the same as above, if i need a panel painting for what ever reason, it gets expensive buying OEM. Having said if i was building a totally standard looking car then i would have spent the cash.

I think mine look good and cost me £65

phil

benj88
04-10-2010, 20:57
does anyone have a drivers quatre phase 2 decal lying about?? i just need that section :coffee:

jesus in the seat of a 5
04-10-2010, 21:08
does anyone have a drivers quatre phase 2 decal lying about?? i just need that section :coffee:

benj , i think i have a few from my phase 2 owning period left over, ill check tommorow, little un`s in bed...:)

benj88
04-10-2010, 21:39
benj , i think i have a few from my phase 2 owning period left over, ill check tommorow, little un`s in bed...:)

nice one mate :D