PDA

View Full Version : Gordini in a field!

rulya5
09-09-2010, 15:49
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

hey all
a few weeks ago my friend asked me to give him a lift to collect his car from the mechanic he uses who works from his house, i was just about to leave when i saw what looked like an r5 in the corner of the field and being an r5 nut i went back and asked could i go and take a look and to my surprise it was an unmodified gordini. I had a good look around and pulled some branches out of the way there was no obvious signs of major rust and the paintwork was surprisingly good considering, there was a window missing and a tree had grown inside so the interior is in a bad way. i went back in and asked the guy about it he said he big fan many years ago but lost any intrest when he was about 20 and he is in his 40s now he also said he had a spare engine in the back of his workshop somewhere. I asked how much he wanted for it he wasnt sure but judging by his actions small money would buy it. What would this car worth does anyone know, i was thinking of offering him €500. The car is located near Dublin. Any intrest or help much appreciated.
Paul.

dangerous dave
09-09-2010, 16:16
start low and let him try hard to get money out of you, by the sounds of it the guys getting money for nothing.. he was letting it rot anyway..

robbie506
09-09-2010, 16:18
as Dave said offer alot less than that if its been there for 20+ years he should be happy with any kind of offer. start low

Big Steve - Raider
09-09-2010, 16:43
If it's missing a window & theirs a tree growin inside it i'd reckon you would be looking at a fair few € to sort it out??

As i'm sure you're all too familiar, it rains now & again in Ireland :laugh: so it's quite possible as rusty as hell inside & the interior would be FUBAR!

I'd say €50 after you have a good look at it!! It owes him nothing as it's sitting their now! ;)

Brigsy
09-09-2010, 16:52
If theres a tree inside the floor will probably be non existant :( still its probably worth a couple of hundred quid as a breaker

robbie506
09-09-2010, 17:16
if it includes the other engine then it is well worth it for the right price nice to see if it gets saved get some pictures up of it if you can.

Sparkie
09-09-2010, 17:27
engines are worth £150 each easily, thats without ancillaries or gearbox.
if you did break it, you could make good money.

rear arches and A pillars are prone to rust.....badly!
floor pans could be shot too.

presentable condition one over here is worth £1500-£2000
loadsa work jobbie is £500-£1000
mint can fetch £3000 upwards

check on www.r5gordini.co.uk (http://www.r5gordini.co.uk)

rulya5
09-09-2010, 17:56

Thanks for the insight. Ill go and look again and i bring the car transporter with me.
Seems a shame to let it lye, there must be only a couple in the country, iv only ever seen 1 in ireland and that was owned by a renault dealership and was left in the window of the showroom!

robbie506
09-09-2010, 18:01

Thanks for the insight. Ill go and look again and i bring the car transporter with me.
Seems a shame to let it lye, there must be only a couple in the country, iv only ever seen 1 in ireland and that was owned by a renault dealership and was left in the window of the showroom!

makes it more valuable what have you got to lose.

Alan
10-09-2010, 09:09
Start low, then flash the cash. Who says no to cash;)