PDA

View Full Version : coil pack problems

SCHWARTZ
08-09-2010, 20:14
I have been trying to use a 740 coil pack but the king lead dose not fit.:rolleyes: the coil has a very small connection and my lead is too big. Im trying to find out if its the lead or the coil and if something can be done about it. The king lead is the same connection on both ends fits the dizzy but not the coil, but i found a lead that will fit the coil (smaller connection) and not the dizzy:rolleyes: but i dont know what this is from.

Scoff
08-09-2010, 20:16
it's normally possible to un-pick the crimped end of the ht lead without damaging the terminal. just swap terminals and boots over.

SCHWARTZ
08-09-2010, 20:24
ace il defo give that a go. I just didnt know if it was the coil or lead at fault (not dizzy as same as old one. also Im told there should be something before the coil where the plug should connect (transistor NPN in the output stage thingy) but i have cut the plug off (as i didnt have this part inc connection) and im going straight to the coil. Can you see this causing problems?:scared:

Scoff
08-09-2010, 21:26
ace il defo give that a go. I just didnt know if it was the coil or lead at fault (not dizzy as same as old one. also Im told there should be something before the coil where the plug should connect (transistor NPN in the output stage thingy) but i have cut the plug off (as i didnt have this part inc connection) and im going straight to the coil. Can you see this causing problems?:scared:

cripes, you'll kill the ECU.

You must use the transistorised ignition (ignitor). It's usually a transistor bolted to the bracket of the coil. The output from the ECU is not tough enough to switch the coil directly. If you've wired it this way then it certainly won't work, worse is that you may have damaged the ECU.

SCHWARTZ
08-09-2010, 22:27
no i havnt tried or even wired it up as i thought it may do something like that but i have cut the connector off:rolleyes: but that wont be hard to put back on. Guess il have to go and look for the standard coil then. Thanks chris saved me some real ballache there:agree::laugh: