PDA

View Full Version : Shanghai, China silicone hoses

benj88
08-09-2010, 18:46
has many people used these before, im sure they use to be about £180 there now £135 i mite get some black hoses if people rate them. wonder how long it takes to receive them..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Super-5-R5-GT-turbo-phase-2-silicone-hose-15pcs-/130429086384?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e5e2deab0#ht_1603wt_909

jonnyshaw49
08-09-2010, 19:21
i have fitted a set, few probems with them, but all in all good value, the problems i had was turbo water hose cracked on bend, think because of heat produced by turbo, so used a standard and also top water hose bleed nipple leaked but i sorted that. hope this helps, just watch out for over tightening bleed nipple as there not fixed into the pipe too well and if forced the seal leaks

Bass J
08-09-2010, 19:35
Ive got them ..all im saying is ..the bleed nipples leak on them ...so i have the standard hoses on with the bleed nipples and the rest is blue ;)

JRP
08-09-2010, 19:36
On the bleed nipples just rap a small bit of ptfe tape on the thread, that should stop them seeping:)

Yellow
08-09-2010, 19:46
I also have a set of these you won't beat them for value but like what's already been said watch the bleed nipples I had to tighten the bit the screw threads into but since then done 4k on them:)

benj88
08-09-2010, 20:37
Cheers for peoples opinions, I think most silicone hoses have crap bleed nipples, iv got a samco one on mine now, iv gypsy modded the rad hose with a rachet socket extender and Electrition tape because the bleed nipple totally fell apart, it's spot on lol il post a pic up tomorrow. Looks brutal but will do for now.

It seems like a decent price for the hoses

J$£5GTT
08-09-2010, 23:37
my samco top hose nipple has decided to give,going to send it back to samco..
had a full set of silicone hoses am slowly going back to oe,think there way better than
most of these bling hoses,until they can make some that are actually robust an last.
:agree: for oe and....:disagree:for silicone..

benj88
08-09-2010, 23:43
my samco top hose nipple has decided to give,going to send it back to samco..
had a full set of silicone hoses am slowly going back to oe,think there way better than
most of these bling hoses,until they can make some that are actually robust an last.
:agree: for oe and....:disagree:for silicone..

oe ftw. can you still get every oe hose/breather pipes etc? im wanting to de-bling the bay now and make it more oe street sleeper :smokin:

J$£5GTT
08-09-2010, 23:50
im sure you can,mr krissy M got a set for his phase 1 so phase 2 should not be problematic.
:cool: