PDA

View Full Version : Heater not working =[

Grunge
22-10-2008, 13:55
Any ideas? Ive checked the fuses (if thats got anything to do with it) and their fine. When i open the bonnet and tap the fan it will spin round for a lil bit then stop again =[. Is it on its way out do u think?

Purple_rob
22-10-2008, 18:56
Yup defo sounds like its on its way out. Notorious for the bearings wearing as well.

Misky
24-10-2008, 21:09
Mine was like this! I Cleaned the connections and still didnt work.
Take the fan out and leave it in a tub full of oil. Its is seized!
After that give it a good clean and another oil and you should be ok. ;)

Grunge
26-10-2008, 15:52
K il give that a try.
Cheers

tiff_lee
26-10-2008, 22:16
My fan squeals a bit at max chat, is it possible to replace the bearings on the fans or is it just easier to renew the entire thing?

Misky
27-10-2008, 09:00
My fan squeals a bit at max chat, is it possible to replace the bearings on the fans or is it just easier to renew the entire thing?

I think they all do tbh! better to buy a new one, rather than messing with bearings.

Schakal
27-10-2008, 09:26

i think replacing the fan as in blades solve that problem

tobester
27-10-2008, 15:25
there should be a little felt pad which should have some sort of oil or lubricant in the bottom of the housing if i remember correctly, used to touch the base of the spindle, free off the bearings with wd40 and put some fresh oil in the felt pad. I could be mixing this up with the anti-perc fan though as i was constantly pulling that to bits too many moons ago, i ended up buying both new from renault, the heater fan was about £60inc vat when i last bought one, although that was probably 6-7 years ago now, i remember the perc fan being £117ish when i bought it. Removed it and the loom for it shortly afterwards. :(