PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be back on the road but ...Valeo, sachs or Lsuk clutches - which one? :(

sly-sy
06-09-2010, 20:24
After doing the conversion to my more door, I had a gradual slipping clutch problem for the first 2 months, fine one minute & then slipping the next & visa verdsa!
After many hours playing with stopper lenghts & tinker with ratchet replacement kits, i worked out it was the white plastic teeth actually on the pedal side of things playing silly buggers.

Gearbox lasted 2 days! Haha!! And this was just before Christmas!

Got new gear box off eBay, gave to friend to rebuild & till Friday it has been a paper weight for his bench!
Gave up & got a recond one delivered today! Yay!

I've noticed that gfs have had a part number shake up :( no green boxes on the shelf! Can still get but special order @ £98 Inc vat & delivery

What is the clutch of choice these days? See cgb now offer the sachs clutch which is what gsf class as their "updated one!?"

Much help appreciated & gonna make sure I actually get to a meet or show next year! :)

SCHWARTZ
06-09-2010, 21:07
think its the valeo green box one you want. Another good option is to use a clutch from an early volvo 440 turbo good for well over 200bhp aparently. If you get stuck i have a sachs clutch that has had about 500miles use.

Adam 005
06-09-2010, 21:15
the valeo green box clutch is the one you want.I can supply one to your door for £100.00:agree:

WADDIE
08-09-2010, 17:27
i had slipping clutch problem on my volvo turbo conversion i have the later 440t clutch an flywheel which is 215mm..the early ones are 200mm same as R5's.

my map was more aggresive than haz's standard ecu and went thru 2clutches a valeo and a sachs. so scoff put me on to techcraft and i ordered a 4paddle clutch which has been in my car now for bout 2-3years no slippage anymore! mine was runnin roughly 190-225bhp depends what power ur running really?? over 200bhp i would defo reccomend the 4paddle! ;)