PDA

View Full Version : lecky blue project "minto"

jesus in the seat of a 5
02-09-2010, 21:52
Eve folks, although im allways doing stuff behind the scenes with one thing and another , i rarely put stuff in here,so i thought it may be time to share some of joy that ive recently had with putting my rather nice phase 1 with bits of annoying tin worm and decals missing etc into a non rust , minty, new decal , new wheels, blah , blah , blah , rather much cleaner , straight, minty phase one...:), if you look i have old pics on my profile of what she was like, it doesnt show the rust etc in detail but you get the idea..:) i have, courtsey of myself and the chap conducting the body work taken heaps of updated photos and once i know how to i will keep uploading them and updating the thread..:) with the bits ill be doing upto world series etc, hope the thread wont be too boring and when i get chance {baby and self employment allowing} ill upload some pics with chit chat...jeebus.

Penfold aka The Dealer
02-09-2010, 21:55
I cant wait to see the pics.. :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
02-09-2010, 21:57
I cant wait to see the pics.. :)

:agree:, cheers chris, you may also want to see your cup now too...all stickerd up..with cup...sun strip, exact in replica....:cool:

Big Steve - Raider
02-09-2010, 22:44
She's going to be a proper MINTER oh holy one!!! :worship::sos:

Penfold aka The Dealer
03-09-2010, 07:00
:agree:, cheers chris, you may also want to see your cup now too...all stickerd up..with cup...sun strip, exact in replica....:cool:

chop chop with the pics & give us a call sometime, love our random chats.. :)

The new Bill J
03-09-2010, 12:45
Ooooh, I've always liked this car (as you well know Matthew ;)). Can't wait to see some pics :cool:

tonesGTT
03-09-2010, 14:03
Good times Matty - look forward to pics of both those cars :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
03-09-2010, 19:21
Heres a few of it when it was horrid...:cry: and a few of the devolpment , ill get some of the finished product up soon...watch this space...:)

dangerous dave
03-09-2010, 19:28
wouldn't have know that lot was under there when i saw it.. looking lovely so far:agree:

jesus in the seat of a 5
03-09-2010, 19:43
as it is now....:D

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-09-2010, 20:07
....could have treated it to some new wheel bolts Matt!!! heh!;)
Lovely car.

jesus in the seat of a 5
03-09-2010, 20:08
pics really dont really do the ole girl justice, i have heaps i have to put on and in yet so ill update as i go along etc but thus far i am pleased just to see it so straight and with nice new decals...:), also nice to know the sills are mint and original and that thers isnt any nasty rust underneath any of the trim etc....:D

jesus in the seat of a 5
03-09-2010, 20:09
....could have treated it to some new wheel bolts Matt!!! heh!;)
Lovely car.

:laugh:, well it is a project...:laugh:, one thing at a time, the biggies first like...;)..:agree:

gtmatt
03-09-2010, 21:06
nice work matt amazing little car such a good colour as well:)

wrightygtt
03-09-2010, 21:29
mate that looks lovely, nice paint job:cool:

jesus in the seat of a 5
03-09-2010, 21:31
nice work matt amazing little car such a good colour as well:)

Ta matt, its personally my fav colour for a phase 1 and they have got to be getting very rare in true lecky blue etc with decals..:)

jesus in the seat of a 5
03-09-2010, 21:33
mate that looks lovely, nice paint job:cool:

cheers dave, i was pleased with whats been done so far , the chap doesnt paint cars anymore....unless he takes a shine to them, which was a compliment i suppose.

Penfold aka The Dealer
04-09-2010, 06:22
Very impressed Jesus, swap you the gordini for it... ;):agree:

Woznaldo
04-09-2010, 08:04
Love it Jesus, my first five was D reg in Leccy Blue. Absolutely loved it and seeing yours looking so good brings back a lot of memories! :cool:

philg
04-09-2010, 08:10
that look mint, great job :)

Kris M
04-09-2010, 12:11
wow mate, nice to see the old girl looking fresh :)

Alastair
04-09-2010, 17:11
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:nOeeT-dBY_GHGM:http://sugarmtnfarm.com/blog/uploaded_images/SovietPorkChopPennedPasture.jpg

Chop chop, wheres these piccies then?

Alastair
04-09-2010, 17:19
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just hit refresh and and seen them, looking S@XY Jeesus!!! And the Phase 1 ;)

:wasntme:

The new Bill J
04-09-2010, 17:45
as it is now....:D

Erm, WOW! :cool:

Do you want to swap it for another Coupe? :D

5teve L
04-09-2010, 18:04
Nice one Matt, leccy blue is my fav colour for the GT Turbo :)

Looks mint now, may have to spend some money on the outside of the Raider now after seeing that nice shiney car :sad:

jesus in the seat of a 5
04-09-2010, 18:51
Love it Jesus, my first five was D reg in Leccy Blue. Absolutely loved it and seeing yours looking so good brings back a lot of memories! :cool:

ahh bless, you allways remember youre first...;), cheers woz..:)

jesus in the seat of a 5
04-09-2010, 18:53
Erm, WOW! :cool:

Do you want to swap it for another Coupe? :D

:scratch:..to make it three "coupes"...:laugh:, thanks billy, good to get your approval...:agree:

Penfold aka The Dealer
04-09-2010, 18:58
:scratch:..to make it three "coupes"...:laugh:, thanks billy, good to get your approval...:agree:

Bill should of just offered his "spare" coupe badge...:)

jesus in the seat of a 5
04-09-2010, 18:59
Nice one Matt, leccy blue is my fav colour for the GT Turbo :)

Looks mint now, may have to spend some money on the outside of the Raider now after seeing that nice shiney car :sad:

:laugh:, cheers steve, ive been meaning to sort the ole girl now for over two years...:ashamed:, ps , ill pm you in a jiffy regards the buffer..:)

The new Bill J
04-09-2010, 19:21
Bill should of just offered his "spare" coupe badge...:)

That's a good idea :D

Matt, I think I've told you before that I can honestly say yours is one of a very few Phase 1's I look at and think: 'I'd actually like to own that'. That's pretty big, seeing as I'm not a fan of the Ph 1's :cry:

And what's wrong with three Coupes? Why not try and buy all of them :laugh:

TrixNFlix
04-09-2010, 19:31
Matt, I think I've told you before that I can honestly say yours is one of a very few Phase 1's I look at and think: 'I'd actually like to own that'. That's pretty big, seeing as I'm not a fan of the Ph 1's :cry:

I'm kind of a big deal :D Bill Burgundy:cooter:

Top work Matty, looks super dooper :cool::agree::agree:

jesus in the seat of a 5
04-09-2010, 21:21
That's a good idea :D

And what's wrong with three Coupes? Why not try and buy all of them :laugh:

:laugh:, now were talking....hmm, would sade go for it.....:scared:..:laugh:, i think the only thing lecky blue id have if that were too happen would be my testicles after id been chucked out of house...:laugh:..could be a option then..:scratch:..:devil:

Lomo
04-09-2010, 23:27
Thats gorgeous Matt. :cool::agree:

Well in buddy!:niceone:

scratcher
05-09-2010, 15:05
Jeez-Louise :eek: That looks amazing now.

Get lots more pics up dude! I wish mine looked that good.

jesus in the seat of a 5
05-09-2010, 20:05
Thats gorgeous Matt. :cool::agree:

Well in buddy!:niceone:

cheers my long haired lover from lillypool`..;)

jesus in the seat of a 5
05-09-2010, 20:07
Jeez-Louise :eek: That looks amazing now.

Get lots more pics up dude! I wish mine looked that good.

Ta rich, love the piccy on your profile outside the posh venue...nice idea mate...:)

Boris
07-09-2010, 21:27
Colgate fresh fam. Two thumbs up :agree::agree: :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
07-09-2010, 21:30
Colgate fresh fam. Two thumbs up :agree::agree: :)

cheers ben...:), tis taken me long enough...:laugh:, loads more to do yet, ive been outside doing some more bits tonight, ill put some more pics up when i get chance.

jimmy_b
07-09-2010, 22:04
looks like you got a very good colour match there.
just out of interest, how much did the paint work cost?
i cant find anyone around here that will match the origeneral electric blue paint work. they can only do a lighter shade :confused:

jesus in the seat of a 5
08-09-2010, 05:49
looks like you got a very good colour match there.
just out of interest, how much did the paint work cost?
i cant find anyone around here that will match the origeneral electric blue paint work. they can only do a lighter shade :confused:

Hi james, paintwork , bodwork , paint and putting the decals on etc cost me £650 in the end, the terms and conditons were..."you get it back when you get it back"..:laugh:, ive held the old wings upto it and its near to exact, i think he told me he used the paint code in the bay. If you look the tailgate hasnt been painted and up close , you cant tell the difference in paint at all bud...:), as for your project , unless your going the whole hog which is very exspensive , how about nimbus grey or some other grey for the kit?..could be a subtle twist to things...:scratch:..:)

w35ty
28-09-2010, 21:08
saw it at the world series... and it looks amazingg! nice job you done there mate;) love it!

jesus in the seat of a 5
28-09-2010, 21:44
saw it at the world series... and it looks amazingg! nice job you done there mate;) love it!

Cheers nath , glad someone saw the old girl....:D, loads to do yet , still ill get there , i have a week off soon so maybe some updates as to what ive been doing and pics etc....:)

w35ty
28-09-2010, 23:08
Couldnt miss her man! Soo fresh.. Yeh keep the pics updated man.. Hopefully mine will be at shows next year with your lot on here :)

jimmy_b
29-09-2010, 23:16
Hi james, paintwork , bodwork , paint and putting the decals on etc cost me £650 in the end, the terms and conditons were..."you get it back when you get it back"..:laugh:, ive held the old wings upto it and its near to exact, i think he told me he used the paint code in the bay. If you look the tailgate hasnt been painted and up close , you cant tell the difference in paint at all bud...:), as for your project , unless your going the whole hog which is very exspensive , how about nimbus grey or some other grey for the kit?..could be a subtle twist to things...:scratch:..:)

i did think about a nice dark anthracite for the kit but im getting quotes of 1500-3000 to have it painted :cry:

it was good to see it at wrs, makes mine look soo different lol

Ashy
29-09-2010, 23:26
Looks mint, just a shame about the orange peel on the bonnet mate ;)

Alastair
30-09-2010, 08:52
Jeez, im am passing yours next wednesday, can i see you off for a cuppa and a sneaky look around the blue beast?

newbstar*
30-09-2010, 10:39
i did think about a nice dark anthracite for the kit but im getting quotes of 1500-3000 to have it painted :cry:

it was good to see it at wrs, makes mine look soo different lol

My phase 1 was all silver, bodykit is gloss black now, looks fresh and up to date. The price people are wanting for your kit to be painted is taking the p**s.

jesus in the seat of a 5
30-09-2010, 17:27
Jeez, im am passing yours next wednesday, can i see you off for a cuppa and a sneaky look around the blue beast?

yeas al`, off course mate , allways good to catch up, you have to wear your white shorts and sockss in order to get a cuppa though...;)..:laugh: