PDA

View Full Version : Clutch question

5teve L
01-09-2010, 09:01
I'm going to fit a paddle clutch to my car, I will be buying the plate seperate & I already have a near enough new volvo cover I can use, now I'm missing the release bearing (standard one on my car at the mo AFAIK & the MSM has a volvo), can I get a release bearing, say from Helix for example, & if I do will it be ok on the volvo cover or are they matched in any way ?

Cheers

Steve

James5
01-09-2010, 09:20
From the problems we had with Chris's car peeps kept telling us that the bearings are matched to the covers.

Forgot to add Clint has a clutch fork matey that was fine if you want it aswell :) to replace the one you have he also has a bearing but it's standard type. I swear in that engine of Chris's you have it has got a Valeo green box clutch bearing on a standard clutch cover as it was from his previous engine to which he didn't change clutch over.

5teve L
01-09-2010, 09:29
Hmm, I'll ask him, I thought Mark dropped the lump in...

James5
01-09-2010, 09:35
Hmm, I'll ask him, I thought Mark dropped the lump in...

Nah Mark literally delivered the engine at Chris's, Chris then fitted the engine himself:eek: with a local mate of his. In fact I think the clutch bearing in that engine is the spare one you gave to Chris after he mullered the last one by putting it in the wrong way:laugh:

5teve L
01-09-2010, 09:49
Nah Mark literally delivered the engine at Chris's, Chris then fitted the engine himself:eek: with a local mate of his. In fact I think the clutch bearing in that engine is the spare one you gave to Chris after he mullered the last one by putting it in the wrong way:laugh:

:agree: that will be a result.. as long as it's round the right way that is :crap::wasntme:

RussellT
01-09-2010, 11:00
I wouldnt bother 5teveL from my experience they dont last.

Brigsy
01-09-2010, 11:18
If your using a volvo cover a normal release bearing should work ok.

5teve L
01-09-2010, 11:31
I wouldnt bother 5teveL from my experience they dont last.

What won't last ??

If your using a volvo cover a normal release bearing should work ok.

Ah ok, cool, I'll check it over & make sure it's ok, if it's my old one in this car as James said it's done feck all miles anyway.