PDA

View Full Version : car value

jimmy_b
29-08-2010, 13:50
how would you go about valuing you car if you were to put it up for sale?
i dont know how much it would be worth?

Logg
29-08-2010, 14:02
It all depends on how long your willing to wait for a sale. 2-2.5K would see your car gone inside a week but personally I'd be asking 3.5k + but that might take a few months.

dangerous dave
29-08-2010, 14:15
its worth 1/4 of the value of after market parts bolted to it up until the value of about 3.5k and after that the ratio drops..

RoboEK
29-08-2010, 17:27
its worth 1/4 of the value of after market parts bolted to it up until the value of about 3.5k and after that the ratio drops..

Intresting theory so my Recaros i value at £500-£600 so going on that theory if there bolted to my car they only add £125-£150 to the value of my car? so the big question would be if i fitted standerd interior would it be worth any less?

jimmy_b
29-08-2010, 17:47
i was thinking that also. i know its always worth more to me than what someone will pay for it

dangerous dave
29-08-2010, 19:23
Intresting theory so my Recaros i value at £500-£600 so going on that theory if there bolted to my car they only add £125-£150 to the value of my car? so the big question would be if i fitted standerd interior would it be worth any less?

you just answered your own question, adding after market seats of 600 add nothing, adding the standards will hold value but keep you 600 in your pocket..

standards cars are worth 3.5k in really good shape until some after market parts are fitted dragging the price down until it balances out, then comes back up to the 3.5 when enough bits are bolted on :D

i know im chatting bollox but theres a little truth in it:)

jimmy_b
29-08-2010, 23:13
i get what you mean dave, a mint std example is worth alot more than a modified one, but then there arnt many about either

RoboEK
30-08-2010, 00:30
Dot get me wrong i know what you mean, its just a shame that nowdays a gt turbo is 9 times out of 10 going to be worth more in parts than as a complete car. hopefully as there gets less and less of them the cars value will go up making this not so?

phase i 16 v turbo
30-08-2010, 09:41
Do we not have a member of the committee / long standing member that is reasonable for valuations? I know with RSOC they have a member f the committee who values your car for the agreed evacuation insurance policies. You get a headed insurance form which is recognised by certain insurance companies that the RSOC have approached. If we don't have anyone maybe it might be worth appointing someone who can give the evaluation on headed RTOC paper. This will help us get what ours cars are worth and encourage people to keep them in A1 condition if possible.

Penfold aka The Dealer
30-08-2010, 09:58
Its some thing the committee have looked into, but proved hard to set up, who would be in charge of valueing car's, what would their guidlines be? Also the club is not registered as a business etc, + if we valued your car at £5k and the insurance underwriters refused to pay that much would we be liable in anyway? etc.