View Full Version : BB performance high lift GT Spec camshaft

Alan
29-08-2010, 11:08
Do anyone have any information on this, and how it compares/differs from the piper/kent cams that everyone speaks so highly of. Don't have any more info on them and cant find any using the seach button. Thanks :-)

BluntyR5GTT
29-08-2010, 11:16
they are a mild cam in fact milder than a 270 piper one, i have one in my gtt and its a nice on road cam

Andrew Cooke
29-08-2010, 11:40
I think you might be talking about 2 different cams, the original BB260 was a piper 270, a mild cam, the last cam they did was a catcam, and a different animal.

http://www.rtoc.org/cam/?cam=BB+5500327&lsa=&cam2=Piper+270&lsa2=&rocker=1.5&advance=0&vc=0.2

Andrew Cooke
29-08-2010, 12:28
oh, and it should suit your spec well, although it needs a bit more boost.

Why are you asking?

SPENCER
29-08-2010, 13:27
Hey Alan, I hope you're well and enjoying the car! :)

Just to clarify as Andrew said, the Gt Spec is a different animal. It was the last cam that BB did before they closed shop and better than thier earlier ones.

I was lead to believe it's not far off the spec of a piper 285 but is done in such a way that you can use standard valve clearances but just change to stronger springs which it had. I was amazed at how the cam changes the exhaust note when it went in.

If you have a look through the papers and receipts that came with the car you should find a small plastic bag with a piece of paper in and the Camshaft spec on it.. duration, lift etc etc.

Take a pic of the spec sheet and post it up here and perhaps someone with a bit more knowledge on it than me can have have a look. :agree:

Get the fueling set up again (a little leaner lower down) and get the boost up to around 16/17psi (make sure it's still rich enough at WOT with the guage) and it should fly! ;) With the carb in it's current setup and 15psi it used to spin the wheels in 2nd in the dry.

BTW, I really miss the sound!! :cry: and I hope your neighbours have been ok about it!! :p

newbstar*
31-08-2010, 22:23
Still cant beat a good old piper 285,works best on a t28 i've found. Like most say depends what set up you have and what you want from your car.