PDA

View Full Version : Which sump seal to use

Jimmy_GTT
27-08-2010, 12:02
Hello,

I have just ordered two Ajusa sump seal sets as in the shop's database it was written as left and right one, but both was a set.
One set is red the other is black.
Which one to use?
They have different shapes but both are written to be good for the C1J.
As I have seen CGB's site it seems that they sell one red and one black as a set:

http://www.cgbmotorsport.net/ekmps/shops/cgbmotorsport/images/r5gt_299.jpg

Brigsy
27-08-2010, 12:06
The black one is for the timing chain cover & the red is for the flywheel side.

Jimmy_GTT
27-08-2010, 12:20
The black one is for the timing chain cover & the red is for the flywheel side.

Thanks mate, I know. The question is (maybe I was not clear) that do you use such a set? I mean 2 different colours?
Because Ajusa sells one set (59004900) with 2 black seals (one for the timing chain and one for the flywheel side)
and another set (59012700) with 2 red seals.
But if you say that the best is to use from the black set the one for the timing chain side and from the red set the one for the flywheel side I'll do so.
By the packing both sets should be good for the C1j 1397ccm. :confused:

James5
27-08-2010, 12:38
Thanks mate, I know. The question is (maybe I was not clear) that do you use such a set? I mean 2 different colours?
Because Ajusa sells one set (59004900) with 2 black seals (one for the timing chain and one for the flywheel side)
and another set (59012700) with 2 red seals.
But if you say that the best is to use from the black set the one for the timing chain side and from the red set the one for the flywheel side I'll do so.
By the packing both sets should be good for the C1j 1397ccm. :confused:

You are fine to use either set I have used red in the past and black without any problems. I have even used a cork sump gasket in the past but not been able to find since. The corteco sump set comes with black U seals.