PDA

View Full Version : actuator pipe size???

paulsurrey
25-08-2010, 19:00
hi,wanting to change my actuator pipe to some red silicone,what size do i need?is it 6mm :confused: cheers

SCHWARTZ
25-08-2010, 19:24
its something like that;)

car.crash
25-08-2010, 20:07
im pretty sure its 6mm you need as its smaller than fuel line which is 8mm.

Spooky
25-08-2010, 20:41
im pretty sure its 6mm you need as its smaller than fuel line which is 8mm.

:agree:

raj
29-01-2011, 16:10
just wondering does it make much of a difference as to what size actuator pipe you use when it comes to boost pressure etc
if you use a narrower pipe would the boost pressure come on sooner?

MADFIVE
29-01-2011, 19:06
i would say not raj. best thing to do is get rid of the actuator and fit an external wastegate. they look sweet. :agree:

modfather
29-01-2011, 19:20
i would say not raj. best thing to do is get rid of the actuator and fit an external wastegate. they look sweet. :agree:

:agree: and sound good too :)

Markey Mark (BD)
29-01-2011, 19:32
just wondering does it make much of a difference as to what size actuator pipe you use when it comes to boost pressure etc
if you use a narrower pipe would the boost pressure come on sooner?

Yes it would mate, depending on how strong your actuator is wil vary on how much you notice it.
By fitting different size vacumn hose's to the actuator will vary the amount of pressure that can be fed to the actuator. It gained alittle extra boost as the amount of pressure aplied to the diaphram in tha actuator was restricted

I didn't it would of made much difference years ago but after testing it i gained little bit more boost after swapping 6mm vacumn hose to 3-4mm pipe to actuator.

raj
29-01-2011, 19:52
Yes it would mate, depending on how strong your actuator is wil vary on how much you notice it.
By fitting different size vacumn hose's to the actuator will vary the amount of pressure that can be fed to the actuator. It gained alittle extra boost as the amount of pressure aplied to the diaphram in tha actuator was restricted

I didn't it would of made much difference years ago but after testing it i gained little bit more boost after swapping 6mm vacumn hose to 3-4mm pipe to actuator.

i think i'll have a go, 3-4mm pipe it is:agree: