PDA

View Full Version : Few insurance questions... need thy help!

kayzee
23-08-2010, 19:50
1) Anyone with Performance Direct? Trying to see how much they charge for excess on windscreen replacement, doesn't seem to be anything on their website.

2) Any idea how much a windscreen costs to replace without going through insurance?

3) Anyone used Keycare Cover with Adrian Flux? They say they will replace lost keys and fobs... my fobs knackered I was thinking about doing this then eventually phoning up and getting a replacement. Thing is I don't think my alarm actually works lol so they might deny me? But it's only £14 so possibly worth a chance. My policy with them doesn't require me to have an alarm...

4) Does claiming on insurance for windscreen replacement affect your no claims? Either protected or non-protected.

DaveMayGTT
24-08-2010, 08:51
Claiming for windscreen doesnt effect no claims, I was with performance direct 2 years ago, it was standard £50 excess. I think there just brokers though so could be different for each policy?

phase i 16 v turbo
24-08-2010, 09:24
It is noted down and when you reinsure with another company you do ask if you have had a window screen claim.

kayzee
24-08-2010, 18:57
Take it you can get an replacement from a serious crack? Police warned me it would probably fail MOT...

royz
24-08-2010, 20:24
my policy with performane direct shows a £70 excess on the glass.

kayzee
24-08-2010, 22:57
Wicked cheers.

One other thing... my R5 has some rot around the windscreen :ashamed: could this cause an issue with the claim?

DaveMayGTT
25-08-2010, 09:09
When I had rot i took the windscreen out myself had it all repaired then got the insurance to put a new one in. The bloke who came was well chuffed that there wasnt one in there.
I have never been asked when changing insurance about previous windscreen claims and I have gone between 5 companys off the top of my head at least.

kayzee
25-08-2010, 18:27
Nice one. Don't think I'll attempt to take it out myself though, I find some 1 spanner jobs in the Haynes manual difficult enough, windscreen removal gets 5 spanners :eek:

I'm not gonna get the rot dealt with yet as I'm going for a complete rub down and re-spray next year...