PDA

View Full Version : Nearly sorted my old Laptop but still can't get hotmail or RTOC live!

Sy5GTT
21-10-2008, 05:19
As title.

Had trouble with it for ages now so decided to see if I could speed it up. Seems ok now but I still can't get on the Hotmail sign in page or RTOC live. Seems I can't "interact". Is there a program I need for this. I've got windows Xp and IE 8?

Cheers.

Sy.

Schakal
21-10-2008, 07:30
best advise i can give ;
ditch IE , use FIREFOX = WINNARZZZ :cool: :agree:

Sy5GTT
21-10-2008, 18:13
Right I have installed Firefox and its working ok. When using Microsoft IE and logging on here it never remembered my user name and password at all. Any ideas what would cause this?

Also should I remove the IE? Will it stop anything else working?

Grunge
21-10-2008, 18:58
Ye i use firefox. When you download stuff make sure u remember where it says its going or just change the location... that always gets me. You dont need to uninstall IE but its up to you.

Schakal
21-10-2008, 22:20
Right I have installed Firefox and its working ok. When using Microsoft IE and logging on here it never remembered my user name and password at all. Any ideas what would cause this?

Also should I remove the IE? Will it stop anything else working?

short answer ; IE is for gheyers and lady boys :crap:
i would not get rid of it though ,cause i think your system needs
it to run other shizz . just remove the shortcuts and dont use it :coffee::agree:

UNICRONICUS
22-10-2008, 11:19
Ye i use firefox. When you download stuff make sure u remember where it says its going or just change the location... that always gets me. You dont need to uninstall IE but its up to you.

Tools > Options > Main > Choose 'Always ask me where to save files' > OK

http://epyhjv9m9oszc.6hops.net/209b39a6-1137-4b96-912d-829ec3229f9a.jpg

Scoff
02-12-2008, 01:00
re the original problem, maybe you didn't have java enabled or there was a problem with it ? the "remember me" and live page uses some java.