PDA

View Full Version : What clubs would you like us to invite to ND 2011

Miller
23-08-2010, 18:30
To prevent us from having to sell tickets to non-reno owners, can you please tell us what clubs you would like to see at ND11 to help support our event.

Can you please give the URL and if you know the person to contact within their club.

Chris:)

Steve
23-08-2010, 19:00
Cliosport.net

Admin team, Nik, Tom, Revels & Brian to mention a few.

Bigfoot
23-08-2010, 19:04
Retro-renault club, i know a few members on there like track days and might be able to get a few more renaults into the mixture.

SP33DY
23-08-2010, 19:04
Well I'm going to disagree with you there Steve. I've been a member on cliosport since 2005 and most of them are throbbers. You do have a good bunch of lads like foxy, whitely etc who are proper enthusiasts but the majority are little chavs who would do little more than spoil the day for everyone and cause a bigger uproar than this year.

Bigfoot
23-08-2010, 19:09
Maybe try renault5gtturbo, a site designed for this car, but maybe too scared to pay out for the full amount, if its similar pricing involved then maybe they will sign up to the club and realise the benefit from here.

dangerous dave
23-08-2010, 19:11
Well I'm going to disagree with you there Steve. I've been a member on cliosport since 2005 and most of them are throbbers. You do have a good bunch of lads like foxy, whitely etc who are proper enthusiasts but the majority are little chavs who would do little more than spoil the day for everyone and cause a bigger uproar than this year.

many are im sure but fingers crossed they stay home and only the good lads join the fun.. most would just come and wash there cars and to be honest thats fine with me, some others to boost the day and pack out the viewing areas will only add to the day..

if they are throbbers, they can be ejected, its can be part of the terms of coming surely..

as for who, if we go through all our fello renault clubs and are still short, lets keep it french and try some other cars in the same class, hot hatch with a pokey engine.. 106 rallye forum.. http://www.106rallye.co.uk/ maybe pass the saxo boys as they really do have a bad rep..

LampsR5
23-08-2010, 19:23
clio williams owners club

gtmatt
23-08-2010, 19:28
would like to see any of Renault type clubs to club keep it french and renault.

cliosport
retro renault
clio 197.net/clio 200.net
megane sport.net
meagne owners club
clio16v owners club

I am sure they is a few more renault clubs thats u have missed :)

Steve
23-08-2010, 19:34

Yes i suppose your right, but he did ask for clubs?

I know i got my info from there, 'foxy's thread' but i'm Jap anyway :o

Thinking about it, if it's anything like FCS i give that a wide berth as too many heros with to much to prove.

This club 'Jaffa' knows made me laugh; pussyboyzintherepussyboycarz.com :laugh:

You do realise you RTOC will get out numbered:cry:

JRP
23-08-2010, 19:42
If i remember correctly back in 2003 at pod, (not saying i want pod back ) but we had a few guys from the 21 owners club, and some retro renault club people.. just a passing memory i had.

Be mindful of the size of the clubs we intend to ask, as some are rather large in comparison to us... out of active willing people that is.

Iam sure that a good decision will be made i have faith:)

scratcher
23-08-2010, 19:44
Maybe try renault5gtturbo, a site designed for this car, but maybe too scared to pay out for the full amount, if its similar pricing involved then maybe they will sign up to the club and realise the benefit from here.

Its been posted up to invite people from the site for the last 2 years now but no one really seems too keen. There are a lot fewer regular users and not many really know each other like over here. I think this is the main thing putting people off.

We'll keep putting it up, along with POD days and local meets in the hope people will come and maybe even sign up on RTOC too :)

The new Bill J
23-08-2010, 19:45
Instead of all the newer cars and their clubs, I'd like to see some of the older Renaults attend, especially as everyone on here keeps saying (and rightly so) that the gtt is becoming a classic.

21TOC
R5gordini.co.uk
Alpine Owners Club

What about the 5 Turbo/Turbo 2 owners? I remember the first RWS event at Donington where about 20 of these turned up, and it was said to be the biggest collection in this country for years. I'm sure they'd like the opportunity to get their cars together again.

Then what about going back further? There has also been a good collection of Renault 8's, and various other classic Renaults at the World Series before, so how about trying to track some of those down?

OK, I appreciate the fact that the 21TOC and the Alpine Owners Club have been invited in the past, and have not been that interested. But how about trying to talk to the 'top brass' and trying to maybe organise it as a joint annual event with them, and not just an RTOC day that they've been invited to? Who knows, it might even help to shake the 'boy racer' image of the gtt, and this club, and get some more members, bringing in some different cars.

clee
23-08-2010, 19:46
I tried 21toc and RAOC again this year and got one taker apart from MartinF who is a member here also .....
TBA they don't like to step outside their clique ....

Edit .

I spoke to the 'top brass' of both clubs .It's not them it's the members .Or it could just be my manner :laugh: Perhaps we need to set Big S on them as he is now the events dude :agree:

JRP
23-08-2010, 19:48
Ohh my god.. BILL J just had an epic idea... and i thought he was a plonker:laugh:

gtmatt
23-08-2010, 19:49
Instead of all the newer cars and their clubs, I'd like to see some of the older Renaults attend, especially as everyone on here keeps saying (and rightly so) that the gtt is becoming a classic.

21TOC
R5gordini.co.uk
Alpine Owners Club

What about the 5 Turbo/Turbo 2 owners? I remember the first RWS event at Donington where about 20 of these turned up, and it was said to be the biggest collection in this country for years. I'm sure they'd like the opportunity to get their cars together again.

Then what about going back further? There has also been a good collection of Renault 8's, and various other classic Renaults at the World Series before, so how about trying to track some of those down?

OK, I appreciate the fact that the 21TOC and the Alpine Owners Club have been invited in the past, and have not been interested. But how about trying to talk to the 'top brass' and trying to maybe organise it as a joint annual event with them, and not just an RTOC day that they've been invited to? Who knows, it might even help to shake the 'boy racer' image of the gtt, and this club, and get some more members, bringing in some different cars.

Well couldnt :agree: any more to what bill has just said, get some alpines on show like at wsr there was loads of alpines ,spiders,renault 8s gordinis, and even better turbo 2s :)

The new Bill J
I tried 21toc and RAOC again this year and got one taker apart from MartinF who is a member here also .....
TBA they don't like to step outside their clique ....

Yep, I appreciate that, and well done for trying :agree:

That's why I mentioned about maybe trying to market it as a joint annual event with other smaller clubs. Who knows, they might see it a involving them a bit more, and not just that they're 'tagging on' :confused:

The new Bill J
.....and i thought he was a plonker:laugh:

I am :laugh:

car.crash
23-08-2010, 19:50
any old skool renault club, the serious clio boys are all here so no need to invite clio sport over. i also would like to know that if a friend wanted to join in that it would be fine (space permitting) but without pimping out loads of tickets or people like steve only joining to take advantage of our club funded events as its pissing myself and many others off.
i would also like to see our own members pull their fingers out of their arses and come along and appreciate what the club has put on for them rather than make pony excuses and watch our events get taken over.

one more thing, why dont we try to get the other half of our club to come along by offering them somthing of their interest rather than give it away to other clubs.

SP33DY
23-08-2010, 19:52
You could try cliotrophy.co.uk

Steve as an ex trophy owner will back me up, that even though it's a smallish club theres some decent lads on there and it's nothing like cliosport. Also it'll make it alot harder to pick me out when pointing the bad driving finger around LOL :ashamed:

JRP
23-08-2010, 19:53
:laugh::agree:
I am :laugh:

Steve
23-08-2010, 20:03
You could try cliotrophy.co.uk

Steve as an ex trophy owner will back me up, that even though it's a smallish club theres some decent lads on there and it's nothing like cliosport. Also it'll make it alot harder to pick me out when pointing the bad driving finger around LOL :ashamed:

Well Hoolio & Streetfighter are already on here as they have 5 turbos as well.
It's a small world you know.
Not that many trackday regulars when you break it down :laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
23-08-2010, 20:06

:laugh: :innocent:

The new Bill J
23-08-2010, 20:13
Edit .

I spoke to the 'top brass' of both clubs .It's not them it's the members .Or it could just be my manner :laugh: Perhaps we need to set Big S on them as he is now the events dude :agree:

:agree:

Maybe if Steve could talk to the Steven Dell/Whoever's in charge of the 21TOC the days, etc etc (basically, the head of their 'cliques' - no offence to you Lee), and get them to sell it to their members, instead of someone from this club posting an invite on their forums, it could be a bit more successful.

This could be the chance that the smaller clubs have been looking for. As has been said before, we're in a lucky position where we can have a National Day - The smaller clubs aren't. Now if it gets pushed as an event for all of the small clubs, and a wide variety of classic Renaults, they might see at as a better event, and not just a gathering of 'kids in gt turbos'.

Maybe..... :scratch:

clee
23-08-2010, 20:25
Yes :agree:
A more official approach, months ahead and involve them in the overall planning :)

bartebk
23-08-2010, 20:26
+1 :agree:

D4WNO
23-08-2010, 20:27
That's a fantastical idea Billy :D So more of a classic Renault day?

TrixNFlix
23-08-2010, 20:34
So more of a classic Renault day?
:agree::agree:

The new Bill J
23-08-2010, 20:36
Yes :agree:
A more official approach, months ahead and involve them in the overall planning :)

That's the word, official. I think my blonde hair grew back for a moment :laugh:

That's a fantastical idea Billy :D So more of a classic Renault day?

Yep, why not? There's no such event running at the moment (that I know of). I'm sure there's a lot of classic Renault owners that would want one (the cars registering for the RWS collectors area proves that). Plus it'll help shift the gtt into the classic status in Renault circles, and a bit further away from the boy racer badge.

OK, you could argue that it marketing it as such an event strays away from 'our' National Day a bit, but it could help put this club firmly on the map, and attract a bit of variety.

dangerous dave
23-08-2010, 20:40
OK, you could argue that it marketing it as such an event strays away from 'our' National Day a bit, but it could help put this club firmly on the map, and attract a bit of variety.

it has already, trick is spinning it for make the track event breakeven for the benifit of our members with renaults in there blood.. this might be worth the effort..

jaffa
23-08-2010, 20:43
cool classic renault trackday...i got my ride already....

1 its a renault :agree:
2 its a classic :agree:
3 not gonna be able to overtake on the wrong side :agree:
4 i can use it as an ice breaker to go talk to members who....dont wanna talk :agree:

winner all set....mmm may have to think about number 3 looking at the pace of some of u lot on track this year

:laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
23-08-2010, 20:51
Just wind me up & point me in the right direction guys! :D ;)

Streetfighter
23-08-2010, 20:55
Cliosport.net

Admin team, Nik, Tom, Revels & Brian to mention a few.

Please no!!!! If it's not at a retail park none of them will come anyway :laugh:

Streetfighter
23-08-2010, 21:01
How about looking closer to home first? How do we get our own memebers to turn out or are there really not that many of us anymore? Pod always felt busy (not my thing though) and even plenty used to turn up to WSR.

Junglist
23-08-2010, 21:08
xenon and i think pascal-gt mentioned he was in a club in France , it would be nice to see what the Frenchies are up to , i cant remember the club off the top of my head :smokin:

dangerous dave
23-08-2010, 21:08
How about looking closer to home first? How do we get our own memebers to turn out or are there really not that many of us anymore? Pod always felt busy (not my thing though) and even plenty used to turn up to WSR.

i think we've learn't that our members alone can't fill a track event and pull back the costs from setting it all up.. rather than go down the same route and invite other clubs late on.. if we get the ball rolling from day one inviting everyone from day 1 hopefully they will all get on board..

plugging it as an all round Renault event off some sort will give it some direction that should tempt the others into the mix..

the day will only be what we make it so getting everyone onboards a must:smokin:

Dan Y there was so much buzz about the weekend events of the past perhaps due to higher numbers off gtt left on the road, members or not, we managed to temp them boys over from france a few times.. creating this would be awesome, people dragging there renaults over pond to come see us sorry bunch, im getting a semi..:D

Streetfighter
23-08-2010, 21:17
It doesn't matter who you invite, not everyone in a club wants to do what everyone else wants to do. I'm not in to drag racing, plenty are though.
I think the track was busy enough at Mallory, from a drivers point of view it was perfect! Unfortunately it felt like there wasn't really anything else to do.
Weather spoilt showing cars, but that could happen no matter who comes.
Even if the track day had been £80 for members, for an open pit, full day it's still half price!

warpspeed
23-08-2010, 21:20
cool classic renault trackday...i got my ride already....

1 its a renault :agree:
2 its a classic :agree:
3 no gonna be able to overtake on the wrong side :agree:
4 i can use it as an ice breaker to go talk to members who....dont wanna talk :agree:

winner all set....mmm may have to think about number 3 looking at the pace of some of u lot on track this year

:laugh:

trust you! :laugh::wasntme:

you could tow a trailer round at the same time and collect anything that burns for the campfire! just not nissans! :tuttut::laugh:

HAndy
23-08-2010, 21:20
erm... you wont :(like most of the above clubs mentioned,you will always have a large portion of members who are only interested in large shows and cruises ,sorry if that sounds harsh but its true:cry: i think its a great idea trying to contact older renault clubs , but do we still have the boy racer stigma attached??and how many can u see of the older clubs risking there 25 yr old and older french gems around a track with r5's and the like:scared:, i know if i had a turbo 2,renault 8 ...etc ,no chance!!! but hey would be great to see:cool::cool: ,dont think im being neagative, im not just realistic, ithink there is more chance with the various clio and megan boys/girls than the older clubs:mart::mart:

Streetfighter
23-08-2010, 21:29
erm... you wont :(like most of the above clubs mentioned,you will always have a large portion of members who are only interested in large shows and cruises ,sorry if that sounds harsh but its true:cry: i think its a great idea trying to contact older renault clubs , but do we still have the boy racer stigma attached??and how many can u see of the older clubs risking there 25 yr old and older french gems around a track with r5's and the like:scared:, i know if i had a turbo 2,renault 8 ...etc ,no chance!!! but hey would be great to see:cool::cool: ,dont think im being neagative, im not just realistic, ithink there is more chance with the various clio and megan boys/girls than the older clubs:mart::mart:

No negativity, it's true!
I would love to see some real classic Renaults in another area on the day. If you ask in the right way how could they say no? That way if you're not on track/strip you can ogle at some classic cars and chat to the owners. I feel a bit like there's nothing to occupy you if you just want to come in your car to support the club and you're not bothered about watching people on track/strip.

jaffa
23-08-2010, 21:34
if u can decide on wtf is happening quick time then if required we can do some canvassing at the rws especially when the wines flowing.........alpine owners,21owners,gordini,clio,and renault sport owners all there under one roof..... i bet they would love to have an hour or so track time with just other historic renaults.:agree:

The new Bill J
23-08-2010, 21:38
but do we still have the boy racer stigma attached??

I'm sure we do to an extent. That's why I suggested involving all the Classic Renault clubs, and having it a day for them all. As I said, they might be more likely to attend if they feel as though it's an event for them, and not just an invite to tag onto a 'gtt day'. Then who knows, they might turn up, see how the gtt scene has changed in the last few years, and think that maybe we're not that bad bunch of chavvy boy racers that they thought.....

and how many can u see of the older clubs risking there 25 yr old and older french gems around a track with r5's and the like:scared:,

Fair point indeed, but it doesn't have to be a track day. If it were though, then there needs to be enough off-track activities to get people interested, and excited. Or maybe not, maybe people just want to stand around chatting, and eyeing up each others cars (a la the DeLorean owners, that don't move more than 5 metres from their cars :D).

clee
23-08-2010, 21:39
wsr Jaffa ,wsr :sad2::D ...the devil is in the detail with these sort of diplomatic activities ....

jaffa
23-08-2010, 21:49
wsr Jaffa ,wsr :sad2::D ...the devil is in the detail with these sort of diplomatic activities ....

some people like the up front approach,some would respond to just havin the seed of the idea planted...but hey its there....anyway it wouldnt be my job....................

thats why i vote for steve to do it :agree: and u....;)

D4WNO
23-08-2010, 21:53
I was actually about to suggest the same thing Jaff, so obviously I agree with your thinking :agree:

Why not? Let's introduce ourselves, show them we're a great friendly bunch of people and happen to mention about our events next year. We can register on some of the sites, build up a longer term relationship and it's win win for everyone. :D

HAndy
23-08-2010, 21:53
Fair point indeed, but it doesn't have to be a track day. If it were though, then there needs to be enough off-track activities to get people interested, and excited. Or maybe not, maybe people just want to stand around chatting, and eyeing up each others cars (a la the DeLorean owners, that don't move more than 5 metres from their cars :D).[/QUOTE]

how would we fund theses of track activites ,and more important will there be enough to interest such a broad spectrum of people at such an event...;)

lets have some ideas...
how about a rally around the intented area, older car clubs thrive on these:) a great way for people to mingle ... more ideas welcome:agree::agree::)

old skool turbo power
23-08-2010, 21:55

21TOC
R5gordini.co.uk
Alpine Owners Club

:agree:that would be a realy good day out.
:laugh:but that would only cause im more into the older renaults more than the new versions:scared: if ill be honest.

djinuk
23-08-2010, 22:17
Id like to see many of the above clubs, however limit the ticket quantitys, maybe 3-5 per a club, if more want to come to spectate then i cant really see that being a problem, the more the merrier isnt it ?

jaffa
23-08-2010, 22:19
I was actually about to suggest the same thing Jaff, so obviously I agree with your thinking :agree:

Why not? Let's introduce ourselves, show them we're a great friendly bunch of people and happen to mention about our events next year. We can register on some of the sites, build up a longer term relationship and it's win win for everyone. :D

nothing like building a good foundation D,and what a fantastic oppo to do so and create the right image.....

1,we are all dressed to impress,so more likely to be taken seriously.
2,we are attending THERE event in force again,in fact more rtoc there last year than raoc.
3,we have some seriously good quality cars on show
4,we dont ask for seconds,only have 1 bottle of free wine on the table send the other back with a thankyou note,and drink orangina the rest of the night and in bed for 9pm.........................................SOLD.: agree:

HAndy
23-08-2010, 22:36
Id like to see many of the above clubs, however limit the ticket quantitys, maybe 3-5 per a club, if more want to come to spectate then i cant really see that being a problem, the more the merrier isnt it ?

wow thats real generous !!! we might even make the feel out numbered at the same time!!! if were going to do it lets at least hand out 10- 20 a club, it wont matter, were still gonna rinse 'em on the track!!!:burnrubber::burnrubber::D rtoc ftw:agree::laugh::laugh:

Tony Walker
23-08-2010, 23:01
I could speak to a few members from V6.net

Miller
23-08-2010, 23:44
Some excellent ideas have came through on this thread:agree:

So we could call it something like "National Renault Rally,meeting etc" .......in association with RTOC (or something along those lines)

So plan of attack is....

1. Find out venue ideas from members by Thursday.
2. Call venues Friday and over the next few days.
3. Show members: prices, availability and facility.
4. Book venue
5. Set up a rtoc user name on all main clubs for cm use.
6. Get flyers printed before wsr and get the ball rolling

Keep the positive ideas coming guy:agree:
Chris:)

JRP
23-08-2010, 23:49
If we could get it to work, alot of classic renaults etc with rtoc etc.. iam sure Renault TV would have to be contacted to see if they would want to do a shoot down there or somthing :) i mean we are its heritige (poor spelling):cool:

Whiteley
23-08-2010, 23:53
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Well I'm going to disagree with you there Steve. I've been a member on cliosport since 2005 and most of them are throbbers. You do have a good bunch of lads like foxy, whiteley etc who are proper enthusiasts but the majority are little chavs who would do little more than spoil the day for everyone and cause a bigger uproar than this year.

Appreciate the mention Steve, thanks. And I completely agree with you :dearme:

J$£5GTT
24-08-2010, 00:05
maybe it should just be rtoc members,folk that are actually into there cars an want to be there for the chat,laughter,track time etc,not just to get a 'cheap track day',an that hopefully includes many 5's and whatever other car you decided to bring along.
:)

jenic
24-08-2010, 00:11

True, a few members are 'throbbers'. But tbh the undesirables stay out of the trackday section. Unless its a £20 session they dont want to know. Which is a good thing afterall :)

DaveMayGTT
24-08-2010, 10:36
How do we get our own memebers to turn out or are there really not that many of us anymore?

I think the classic renault day is the way to get our own members to turn out. I love looking at 5's but i can look at mine any day of the week, getting some 8's, turbo 2's and other classic renaults would tempt most of our members as a lot must be into retro rides.
Great idea and a great way to get other people AND our members to turn up imo.

Markey Mark (BD)
24-08-2010, 15:10
So we could call it something like "National Renault Rally,meeting etc" .......in association with RTOC (or something along those lines)

If we did then isn't it moving way from the whole idea of the day, a National Day meet for RTOC?

Not to put a downer on the idea as i think it would be good to see a few motre retro cars but for me it sounds like a day which we'll (RTOC committee) do the hard work just to put on a day for other clubs who have no involvement for the club.

If not careful i could see Rockingham happening all over again.

Not trying to sound negative, just my thoughts on it.

car.crash
24-08-2010, 20:40
before we invite anyone i would like to see more effort into trying to get out own members to come as it is them who are paying for it after all.

warpspeed
24-08-2010, 20:49
before we invite anyone i would like to see more effort into trying to get out own members to come as it is them who are paying for it after all.

:agree:

D4WNO
24-08-2010, 21:02
Of course, but that point is huge and we can only discuss so many things at once lol. We will get to that soon, I promise

dangerous dave
24-08-2010, 21:05

its all about the ice cream van marc... no Nday is the same without one..:agree:

car.crash
24-08-2010, 21:06
Of course, but that point is huge and we can only discuss so many things at once lol. We will get to that soon, I promise

no worries. just didnt want all hope lost on our members. :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
24-08-2010, 21:07

:agree:...:)

D4WNO
24-08-2010, 21:36
its all about the ice cream van marc... no Nday is the same without one..:agree:

Lol, I want an icecream van too actually, good idea. I'd like to see more stands and traders etc too for the members.

clee
24-08-2010, 21:43

Effort how ? Publicity ? Price ?
Is the track thing putting non racer type members off ? Do we want more show and shine stuff ? Is normal entry too expensive ?

JRP
24-08-2010, 21:44
Ice cream van.. i have a memory of ND 2008 some bird bought ice creams and stacked it! ice cream went every where i felt so bad for her :( but had a small chuckle as it was like a comedy sketch.

car.crash
24-08-2010, 22:15
Effort how ? Publicity ? Price ?
Is the track thing putting non racer type members off ? Do we want more show and shine stuff ? Is normal entry too expensive ?

i wish i had the answer :( we have 1200 ish members, not in a million years would they all ever come but if we could get 400 in or so then we are going in the right direction. im happy with just track, im even happy with just listening to peoples sh1te music in a field on the friday night at 3am and having a crack with everyone but many others want more, qestion is what? i personally would be happy to pay more to stop people coming just for the cheap track day at our clubs expense. its a national day with added bonus of track, not the otherway round.
no one came with their kids, no one came with their partners because there was nothing there for them as dave said not even a ice cream van. the organisation that goes into these events must be huge so dont think im slagging your hard work but with members help maybe we can get more in, kenobi sorted autoglym, mike bought his spares but surely we can get more through the door and hopefully attract existing members.
what would it cost to get a mobile rolling road in and charge a fee per car? just a idea and its not really for me but some may want it. i remember when renault came and bought some cars to try and that seemed a sucess its free pr for them if pfc come and take some photos for once.
what about getting somone qualified in with a fast car and charge for passenger rides or have a way of people hiring out a car to have a 20 min session with a instructor if they dont want do hurt their mint 5?
now these ideas may be crap but somone will have the answers.
as bill mentioned getting more retro renaults in would be awesome whether they wanted to go on track or not it would be great to get the numbers up and have more exotic cars but if they dont go on track there is nothing there for them at all and i feel its the empty car park we need to fill up.
if im talking crap and singing off the wrong song sheet then tell me but somthing is missing at these events and i bet alot of members would like to come but they need to stand up and say what they want as all the guys that have posted over the last week are all pretty happy with what was laid in for them but there just is not enough of us.

D4WNO
24-08-2010, 22:19
Actually, some of those points have already been covered. People did bring their kids and we had a 20 minute session just after 12 so they could take their kids out on track nice and slowly with nobody else around. People did bring their partners, you're just blind lol. Miller already suggested somewhere (maybe on CM forum so you may not have seen it) to get someone like the guy from Mushroom racing (who attended this year) to take people out on track and teach them some skills :D. There is a lot in the pipeline and everyone's opinions and ideas are being taken on board :agree:

dangerous dave
24-08-2010, 22:46
Actually, some of those points have already been covered. People did bring their kids and we had a 20 minute session just after 12 so they could take their kids out on track nice and slowly with nobody else around. People did bring their partners, you're just blind lol. Miller already suggested somewhere (maybe on CM forum so you may not have seen it) to get someone like the guy from Mushroom racing (who attended this year) to take people out on track and teach them some skills :D. There is a lot in the pipeline and everyone's opinions and ideas are being taken on board :agree:

dawn where are all the members? i did 2 pod days under rach h and both times the camp site was rammed, week events are just the bottom line of trees..

where did everyone go, have we all got to old? are the numbers down or are we just gonna have to built on the events over time, perhaps the chopping and changing isnt the answer.. sometimes the same ol sh1t works, brings all the people back from the last year and 10% more the next and so on.. is everyone trying to hard or perhaps they really are just missing the Mr wippy van..

i mean, who wouldn't return to mallory? is sticking it out the answer and doing the new plans via that venue the best idea..

whatever you guys are dreaming up back there should be stuck with for longer than 1 year and 1 event:agree:

D4WNO
24-08-2010, 23:16
The whole idea is to think of a long-term plan as eventually the classic thing will grow old and those cars will dwindle out, along with ours, so it's got to be ever changing and organic I guess in a way. No mean feat! :(

Penfold aka The Dealer
25-08-2010, 08:42
dawn where are all the members? i did 2 pod days under rach h and both times the camp site was rammed, week events are just the bottom line of trees..

where did everyone go, have we all got to old? are the numbers down or are we just gonna have to built on the events over time, perhaps the chopping and changing isnt the answer.. sometimes the same ol sh1t works, brings all the people back from the last year and 10% more the next and so on.. is everyone trying to hard or perhaps they really are just missing the Mr wippy van..

i mean, who wouldn't return to mallory? is sticking it out the answer and doing the new plans via that venue the best idea..

whatever you guys are dreaming up back there should be stuck with for longer than 1 year and 1 event:agree:

Dave back in the days of Rach H, pod was technically advertised as French Turbo Cars owners day (on the pod calender), also alot of members from back then have gone onto pastures new... the 5's are decreasing in numbers, being reutned to OE and not really up for Track days, etc... also members from back then are abit more older, maybe have kids, familys and dont have time to go and sit in a field for a weekend...

Times have changed, Question is in 5 years will there even be a ND, will the numbers be lower?? Will it just be hiring a field and going camping?

philg
25-08-2010, 08:57
I have never been to a national day, but will be coming to the next where ever.

I do however attend the rsoc day up here at croft every year. What always make the day is the weather for me, unfortunately we can never guarantee that.

Croft always has a show and shine competition.
track entry
0-60 times
and loads of grub and beer stalls.

passenger ride outs would be great, i would love ago out in a gtr of gt2
mobile r/r another good idea.

Get me a pa set up, i will bring my decks and phil g with provide and crazy rave night on the Friday :D

philg
25-08-2010, 09:01
A trackday insurance policy for members would be good

warpspeed
25-08-2010, 09:18

I actually think this is the most important point that's been raised throughout all the ND discussions.

If we can get more of our own members to attend then maybe we don't need to pimp the event out to other clubs possibly watering down the 5GT part of it even further. Doing this may turn off more of our members further still making the event even harder to promote to RTOC members?

I have had a change of mind about my 5 (Doris :)) thanks to Miller persuading me,
it won't be ready for the next ND but will be ready one day! :D

If we don't have enough members prepared to come to a track-based event maybe the format needs to be completely different, as far as i'm concerned a track based event is my favourite as 5's were meant to be driven not hidden away in cotten wool but if it's not appealing to the majority of members then maybe it not what it's meant to be i.e. a Renault National Day.

Could we have a poll for members to suggest different types of event they may be interested in for a nat day?
Maybe a cruise type event with/near a funfair and evening entertainment (music,drinks etc) at a proper campsite is more suited to the majority and the minority into track events need to get together and attend trackdays en masse to keep what we have just now?

Markey Mark (BD)
25-08-2010, 15:56

I think you hit nail on head mate, i think more alternative things to do during the day would be better as it'll cater for alot more members needs.

I'm not the show and shine sort of person (racings for me) but it'll be nice to have maybe a show and shine area for peole to wander around or even attract the more of the people just wishing to park up and show there cars.

Dawn - yes i think a possibility to have more traders would attract more visiters.

How about a for sale section too?

D4WNO
25-08-2010, 16:07
Sounds good Mark. The sectioning can be done very easily, I actually wanted to do this this year but couldn't get hold of Miller to plan it in time.

Stands and for sale sections shouldn't be too much of an issue. PFC may want a little stand as one of their guys actually came and spent some time with us this Nat Day, to look around the cars, chat to Miller and watch some of the racing. I can think of loads of potential people to approach but that will all come later on :) Most importantly, I want an icecream van :D

DaveMayGTT
25-08-2010, 16:33
Nice ideas car.crash, lots of people normally up for rolling road so a mobile one on site would be good. I still think having some other rare Renaults is a good attraction for our own members and will boost our numbers though.
RTOC Car part car boot Mark? :)

Lomo
25-08-2010, 16:43

21TOC
R5gordini.co.uk
Alpine Owners Club

OK, I appreciate the fact that the 21TOC and the Alpine Owners Club have been invited in the past, and have not been that interested. But how about trying to talk to the 'top brass' and trying to maybe organise it as a joint annual event with them, and not just an RTOC day that they've been invited to? Who knows, it might even help to shake the 'boy racer' image of the gtt, and this club, and get some more members, bringing in some different cars.

My god Billy Boy, thats the best thing you've said yet! ;)..This is the future of the National Day in my opinion! Couldn't agree more with Bill. We need to get them on board asap! Perhaps we could set up a small committee designated just for promoting the National Day of 2011. A group of responsible members who can represent the RTOC and do it proud.
I think its the threat of the newer Renault clubs attending that may be playing a part in the older car clubs not wanting to attend as has already been said! I for one wouldnt want a 25 year old classic Renault being parked next to a 1.2 Clio Extreme witha bodykit and a joint on the dash. Jaffa also touched on something in his post with the point it may be worth really pushing this at the RWS in a few weeks. Someone grab Mr. Dell and tell him our intentions for the next National Day. Hell, even ask Renault Sport if they would like to attend. The further we stay away from the modern Renault club the better as it would simply ruin the day imo. Lets get the classic Renault people organising this with us...:agree:

dangerous dave
25-08-2010, 17:27
Dave back in the days of Rach H, pod was technically advertised as French Turbo Cars owners day (on the pod calender), also alot of members from back then have gone onto pastures new... the 5's are decreasing in numbers, being reutned to OE and not really up for Track days, etc... also members from back then are abit more older, maybe have kids, familys and dont have time to go and sit in a field for a weekend...

Times have changed, Question is in 5 years will there even be a ND, will the numbers be lower?? Will it just be hiring a field and going camping?

the pod numbers dropped like a stone in one year, i cant say it for fact but im sure Ian know and theres something kicking about to confirm. we went from pod to the track as our main event which lost us lots of members attending, then tried pod as a second event to run along side and numbers never came back..

if we hadn't changed perhaps the numbers would have slid but not this low this fast.. i think there scope for bringing them back as our membership numbers aren't that bad..

i was talking to miller about how the numbers turning up had shrunk but many of the old faces were still there, so your right we are getting old:( but we (where we can) still turn up, look at billy, hes gotta be in his mid 40's and he still comes..

if members have familys etc there just has to be enough on so they can drag the misses and kids along for a few hours and take part.. the lack of sunshine must have lost you a few members are the ladies didn't fancy standing in the rain.

im still liking billys older alpine, 5 turbo 1/2, and the older motors coming..

its fair us members are clearly letting the team down in our own way, back to area reps, local meets, getting to know your local members then clubbing together to make it on the day.. i had people phoning me all week about it, even on the friday night at midnight from the campsite.. our guys round here are great but theres a few that we need to get involved, im sure this is there case for everyone and there own little groups..:)

JRP
25-08-2010, 17:37
[quote=

its fair us members are clearly letting the team down in our own way, back to area reps, local meets, getting to know your local members then clubbing together to make it on the day.. i had people phoning me all week about it, even on the friday night at midnight from the campsite.. our guys round here are great but theres a few that we need to get involved, im sure this is there case for everyone and there own little groups..:)[/quote]

It is about the local people comming together, thats a key to then bigger events working... iam forever having things going on round my way, iam not even worthy enough to be an area rep.. but i still arrange stuff, if another local member hasnt already sorted somthing... make the building blocks better and see what happens

Hoolio
25-08-2010, 17:54
That's a point who is my local guy?

TNT Tricky Nicky
25-08-2010, 19:43
maybe something like a caravan park could be used as a venue, plenty of secure parking for the cars, comfortable accommodation and facilities, on site clubhouse/pub/club. would have to be out of holiday season but could be more family friendly and sociable, obviously there wouldn't be motor sports but we could have pod day and a rtoc trackday which would make nat day a social event, you could still have traders, show and shine, ect, ect. i doubt there would be any huge outlay from the club needed as the site would make money from pitches/entertainment

Edit: was ment for the what do members want from nat day 2011 thread

Bass J
20-03-2011, 20:54
Im bringing some of my club-clio members to national day as we are attending FCS the next day ..but anyone doing tracktime is already registered on this site as a member anyway :)

The people that arnt doing tracktime will be coming as spectaters :cool:

Kenobi
21-03-2011, 09:56
Yeah deffo 21toc :agree:

clee
21-03-2011, 10:17
Tried last year ...even offered them a discount on track prices ....no takers .Sibley reckoned his car was too loud :sad2:

youngscottie
21-03-2011, 10:54
just a thought
a few years back we had a day out with the polo g40 boys
they seem like the type who would like a bit track time
and the cars are well matched:coffee:

clee
21-03-2011, 11:06
You'll have all the Renault only brigade up in arms if we did that ;)
Ticket sales for track are slow though .......In fact sales for all tickets are slack .

djinuk
21-03-2011, 12:39
clio sport, g40 lads, maybe even fto owners club ??

Adey aka Ewok
21-03-2011, 17:27
cliosport for the show and shine in the car park ;)

Adey aka Ewok
21-03-2011, 17:55
would a venue like brunters be more up to what we want? areas for showing stuff off, a track area and a back straight for gps stats on 0-60/quarter mile and topspeed?

bod 182
22-03-2011, 20:14
Ive attended the last 8 years this will be my last methinks.43 and new business sadly ive done less and less on the car front.