PDA

View Full Version : cgb

tom t
20-10-2008, 22:12
just woundered if we get a discount with cgb?
as im about to spend quite a bit cheers

Purple_rob
21-10-2008, 19:15
If we are not then I think it would be great for the club to approach them for some kind of discount.

It would certainly help with some of the decisions I have made on where to get parts and shopping around for prices :).

OUTLAW
21-10-2008, 19:29
:)evening all. i also spend a lot of money at cbg, got to no bob quite well. i still think he is over priced with certain items. his prices never include vat? we should approach him re-guarding some kind of club discount. he`s spot on though, and never let me down yet:agree:

BriC
21-10-2008, 19:38
I think Bob is good.. Had a few bits / my current car off him :D

Don't understand why he doesn't get himself on RTOC though

Nayls
21-10-2008, 19:44
I think Bob is good.. Had a few bits / my current car off him :D

Don't understand why he doesn't get himself on RTOC though

He used to be on rtoc!

he used to get a bit of stick on here though as he got snowed under with orders & could'nt cope,a few members from abroad claimed to have not received there goods! one was for over £1000!!

maybe people will forgive & forget? who knows?

Purple_rob
21-10-2008, 19:53
Well for the records I have ordered about 5 times and some big purchases in a matter of months and they have all been spot on.

Special parts not listed on the site - next day delivery with promt emails.

Stupidly ordered something on a big order - refund with no questions or problems.

Top service! Common bob you got to sneakily reading this :)

Sy5GTT
21-10-2008, 20:06
I asked the question "why isn't he on here" and he said it's more like a chat room. :crap:

BriC
21-10-2008, 20:14
I can to some degree understand why some traders are not on here, as if they do something controversial, or people just generally don't like how they operate, it can turn into a bit of a slagging match. I have seen it happen with K-Tec, and they even mentioned that it is the reason they don't come on RTOC much anymore.

At the end of the day, it's all just opinions, and we're all entitled to them :)

bye_all_c_ya
21-10-2008, 20:14
never had a problem great bloke and loads better to pay cash ;)

OUTLAW
21-10-2008, 20:26
chat room? if you have ever rang bob at cgb, you will be well aware of the fact that he loves to have a chat:laugh:....hes a nice chap:agree:, with excellent service. i buy a lot from cgb, and find that some prices are steep i.e i purchased 2 turbo to manifold gaskets, £9.99 each, plus VAT plus postage.......then i realised item number 220288702866 on ebay....also, shop around, i found the club to be my first place to look for parts;)

Blick
21-10-2008, 20:29
yeah hes always fixed me up in the past! just find some of his prices abit steep.... good contact 2 get u out of the s**t!!! when i blew my engine he had another there that i could here runnin. sure alot more people would go2 him if they had some sort of club discount. :)

Sy5GTT
21-10-2008, 20:31
Don't get me wrong, I have bought a lot from him and can't complain but, thats what he said when I asked if he ever came on here. Like Bric said sometimes the likes of K-tec get shot down.

OUTLAW
21-10-2008, 20:38
i think we all agree, uncle bob`s the man:laugh:, but i`m gonna check with him tomorrow about price matching, and generall club discounts...he has also got me out the pooh loads of times:agree:

Win
21-10-2008, 21:42
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I agree - Bob @ cgb is a top bloke :agree:

I have turned up out of the blue at his workshop at least twice in the last 8 weeks or so and got sorted. Once when my dipped headlight relay gave up and left me in the lurch - didnt even charge me.

He has always made time to sort me out and have a chat. I have always found his prices to be more than reasonable - in fact have been undercharged on occaisions. :laugh:

A discount for RTOC members would be an idea seeing as we must be his best customers:coffee:

tom t
21-10-2008, 22:03
wheni ordered my bits i asked about a discount for rtoc.
and he baiscally said what nayls said baiscally " as he got snowed under with orders & could'nt cope" but think there was personal reasons etc for that.

always been great to deal with for me. ordered bumper and alternator and fixing brackets yesterday night and they should be here 2moro, cant grumble with that! :agree:

James5
21-10-2008, 22:11
He used to be on rtoc!

he used to get a bit of stick on here though as he got snowed under with orders & could'nt cope,a few members from abroad claimed to have not received there goods! one was for over £1000!!

maybe people will forgive & forget? who knows?

Back in the day when he 1st started he did have a few probs manily due to the fact it was just him doing it all by himself so got alot of requestes for parts coming on since then he has taken on staf and I have ordered alot of stuff from him and always had a top serivce he gets the thumbs up from me and I think RTOC do get some kind of discount but you will have to email or speak with him direct to get this discount.

Nayls
21-10-2008, 22:16
Back in the day when he 1st started he did have a few probs manily due to the fact it was just him doing it all by himself so got alot of requestes for parts coming on since then he has taken on staf and I have ordered alot of stuff from him and always had a top serivce he gets the thumbs up from me and I think RTOC do get some kind of discount but you will have to email or speak with him direct to get this discount.

:agree: im not slating the man,i've ordered parts from him a few times & like the rest of you i had great service.
was just pointing out why he may not be on here :)

Nayls
21-10-2008, 22:22
problem with company's on rtoc is that they all have something to sell (obviously!)

they'l say it will do this & that,adding this & that power but most of us know that it wont,so we qusestion it (putting it kindly :laugh: ) & they dont like it.

also they are all out to make a profit,nothing wrong with that as that's just business,but we most of the time know the source of the parts so we go direct & then have a moan at them for being more expensive.

djinuk
21-10-2008, 22:23
ive just brought a oil pump refurb kit of him on ebay.

louka's R5GT
21-10-2008, 22:30

i spent spent quite a bit of money with uncle bob, how a long oll chat wich him,when u get to no him he will give u some discount.

bob top man !! service is spot on

Frix
22-10-2008, 11:29
ordered several bits from Bob, top bloke always gives good advice if needed.

highly recommended!!:D:D

Misky
24-10-2008, 21:03
The general impression is price's: bit steep, but top bloke!
We need club discount! :D
Ordered a full headgasket, kit was here the next day!
Someone email uncle Bob!!! :cry:

Thundercat
24-10-2008, 21:24

:) Totaly agree bob is a spot on chap, spent a bit with him now and nothing a miss yet!

richi
26-10-2008, 15:48
anyone found out about the discount, just worked out i want 450 worth of chrme from him lol

minty83
26-10-2008, 16:06
chrome????? spend it on going faster not looking all bling bling:confused:

5alldaway
26-10-2008, 16:19
dealt with bob a few times, stuff always arrived on time, and happy with his overal service

trick is to go through ebay :)

BriC
26-10-2008, 18:12
anyone found out about the discount, just worked out i want 450 worth of chrme from him lol

We all love a bit of bling bling :D

richi
26-10-2008, 19:21
chrome????? spend it on going faster not looking all bling bling:confused:

it has pretty much all that can be done in the engine dept, vnt is still needed to complete the setup then thats it so bling a ding ding baby