PDA

View Full Version : coil pack

SCHWARTZ
20-08-2010, 21:38
im using a coil pack of a 740 looks the same as the b18ft but dosnt have the connection that other one has:rolleyes: there are 3 wires on the loom dose anyone know where they go and what they are im guessing earth + - (dose it even matter what way + - are on a coil:confused:)

SCHWARTZ
23-08-2010, 19:26
bump anyone?:(

Haz
24-08-2010, 22:41
sure the wiring diagrams fro both will be in manuals or online, but if it looks that same why not just the original, or use other volvo ones with the same connector ;)

SCHWARTZ
24-08-2010, 22:45
i have a 740 coil and have now cut the connector off the loom:crap::laugh::rolleyes:

SCHWARTZ
04-09-2010, 14:09
Im still stuck on this i have been speaking to gordini singh and trix n flix they have given me a few pix of the coil and the wiers etc... the haynes says the solid black is live, brown and black is negative and grey and red is something to do with the idle speed regulating valve. Dose this sound right? Also will it be ok to take the black and brown/black straight to the coil and tape the red wire up(not using idle control valve)? Im told there should be something before the coil where the plug should connect (transistor NPN in the output stage thingy) and i dont know if not having this will cause a problem? Any help would be great as im nearly done and theres just a few little things holding me back.:rolleyes: