PDA

View Full Version : maf sensor

SCHWARTZ
18-08-2010, 21:01
just to double check i want to fit the maf sensor in between the air filter and the turbo right? and not reading charge air.

TrixNFlix
18-08-2010, 22:08
:agree:

Tony Walker
18-08-2010, 22:31
:D and dumpvalve recirculated after maf so its not measured twice. If applicable:cool:

SCHWARTZ
19-08-2010, 10:07
cheers guys.;) no dump valve tho trying for some wastegate chatter:D

philg
19-08-2010, 10:14
cheers guys.;) no dump valve tho trying for some wastegate chatter:D

same here :)

Bruce - BHPerformance
19-08-2010, 11:54
Its not wastegate chatter its compressor surge and BAD for your turbo!:scared:

TrixNFlix
19-08-2010, 13:16
Its not wastegate chatter its compressor surge and BAD for your turbo!:scared:

here we go again, dumpvalve debate at the ready :rolleyes:

Haz
19-08-2010, 19:01
my 2p

wastegates can only chatter if the actuaor is naff, but that would just cause it to flutter on boost. the noise is just the turbo still spinning trying tro push more into and already boost filled system, effectively slowing the turbo down and personally cant see how that can cause more damage than it actually being on full chat?
dumpvalves are designed to help prolong the turbo by allowing the boost circuit to return to 0psi thus making the turbo work harder to fill it back up?, but at the volvo's std 4-7psi i can see it helping that much, and as the std volvo dv is pushed open around 10psi isn't much use really.

replace with porsche version with stronger spring or bin it :)

SCHWARTZ
19-08-2010, 19:36
was using the dv on the c1j but want to try without as i dont want to loose all the built up air and have to re-fill the intercooler again:rolleyes:
There was a test done in redline a little while ago about dump valves cant really remember the figures etc... but using a test car and changing nothing else, without dump valve was fastest, then re-circ, and dump valve last.:laugh:

Haz
19-08-2010, 21:48
kinda backs up my comment then, but it is a mag feature lol. an atmosheric dv wont work on the volvo as the afm see's the air, dv blows it out then there's too much fuel on gear change causing it to hold bac or splutter, only re-circs are worth using but they can sound a bit like comp surge as some gets sucked bac through the turbo but as it slows down, back out the air filter

SCHWARTZ
19-08-2010, 22:07
haz is it worth running a small pipe from the turbo that bypasses the intercooler as a kind of kind of anti lag system. if it would even work:confused::laugh:

Haz
22-08-2010, 22:24
nope, lag is how much air is needed to turn the exhasut wheel, spooling the turbo up, not filling the boost pipes