PDA

View Full Version : clutch ratchet

robbie506
18-08-2010, 11:43
how hard is it to fit a "clutch ratchet" never had to do one before.

cheers boys and girls.

Kris M
18-08-2010, 12:06
A little tip i learnt from colin the master........

The clutch and brake pedal hinge on a metal bar which is held in place with a circlip at either end. To get the clutch pedal out you have to undo the circlip on the passenger side end of the bar and slide the bar out towards the drivers side just enough to drop the clutch pedal down and out. Dont slide the bar too far or the brake pedal with come off aswell !

Once the clutch pedal is out, youl see the ratchet mech and spring assy, replace the parts with the new kit or pedal if you have one, and build the new pedal up off the car on a bar thats the same thickness as the one on the car ( i used a piece of copper pipe IIRC) this bar holds the ratchet assy in alignment with the rest of the pedal, youl see what i mean when you do it. Without the tempory bar in place its difficult to get all the parts to stay aligned when you come to slide the bar back in the car itself.

Then, put the pedal back in position with your tempory bar still fitted and you should be able to push the proper bar back through the hole in the clutch pedal and push your temp bar out at the same time if you get what i mean ! hopefully without any of the ratchet mech moving out of alignment

Its abit of a fiddle and you might need afew goes at it....It helps if you take the seat out aswell :)

phew, lecture over, ive probably confused you even more now :laugh:

robbie506
18-08-2010, 12:09

The clutch and brake pedal hinge on a metal bar which is held in place with a circlip at either end. To get the clutch pedal out you have to undo the circlip on the passenger side end of the bar and slide the bar out towards the drivers side just enough to drop the clutch pedal down and out. Dont slide the bar too far or the brake pedal with come off aswell !

Once the clutch pedal is out, youl see the ratchet mech and spring assy, replace the parts with the new kit or pedal if you have one, and build the new pedal up off the car on a bar thats the same thickness as the one on the car ( i used a piece of copper pipe IIRC) this bar holds the ratchet assy in alignment with the rest of the pedal, youl see what i mean when you do it. Without the tempory bar in place its difficult to get all the parts to stay aligned when you come to slide the bar back in the car itself.

Then, put the pedal back in position with your tempory bar still fitted and you should be able to push the proper bar back through the hole in the clutch pedal and push your temp bar out at the same time if you get what i mean ! hopefully without any of the ratchet mech moving out of alignment

Its abit of a fiddle and you might need afew goes at it....It helps if you take the seat out aswell :)

:scratch: it will make alot more sence when im looking at it :)

cheers for the advice :agree:

J$£5GTT
18-08-2010, 18:23

longest post ever M!!!! :D