PDA

View Full Version : National day off !!

5teve L
14-08-2010, 17:30
Just seen on Marc's ( car crash) facebook page that Tarmac trasher Nick (or Tarmac trashed Nick as he called him) has come off the track & smashed his car, Marc says he's ok, the car didn't look to clever from the piccies though :eek:

Dave Reed
14-08-2010, 17:52
OOOOPPSS no one likes to here bad news like that..

Glad he's ok.

dangerous dave
14-08-2010, 18:05
Glad he's ok, shame about the car but feck it, there's plenty more cars out there, spare legs, arms and heads are harder to find.

allanr5gtt
14-08-2010, 18:16
glad to hear he's ok shame about the car?

5teve L
14-08-2010, 18:29
Sounds like another one may have gone off in the day, Dave R5 into the wall backwards as well & a few spins !
All ok I hope, I suppose with the wet or damp conditions it was inevitable that some would spin etc.

J8TRO
14-08-2010, 19:05
Nick walked away, looked a little spaced out understandably, but gave us the thumbs up before being bundled in the ambulance for checks.

Cars a right mess, sure there will be pic's up here soon enough, i dont know how it happened but the car was a good third of the way down the main straight following "elbow" corner, from what i hear it came off track, dug in the grass and flipped a couple of times, before coming to a rest on the barriers.

Main thing is Nick seams OK :agree: I hope if you read this buddy your smiling about it, nobody can tell you, you were not trying :goodJob:

allanr5gtt
14-08-2010, 19:08
Nick walked away, looked a little spaced out understandably, but gave us the thumbs up before being bundled in the ambulance for checks.

Cars a right mess, sure there will be pic's up here soon enough, i dont know how it happened but the car was a good third of the way down the main straight following "elbow" corner, from what i hear it came off track, dug in the grass and flipped a couple of times, before coming to a rest on the barriers.

Main thing is Nick seams OK :agree: I hope if you read this buddy your smiling about it, nobody can tell you, you were not trying :goodJob:
sh*t sounds like a bad one?

Ryan p
14-08-2010, 19:12
when did this happen then nothing major had happened when i left???

J8TRO
14-08-2010, 19:15
10 to 15 minutes towards the end of the last session.

Ryan p
14-08-2010, 19:26
not gd hope hes ok. at at the end of the day its only a car it can be replace

R5TURBORON
14-08-2010, 19:40
was bad glad he is ok i watched it happen. he caught the grass and the car started sliding and it dug in and and rolled over about 3 times and came to a rest against the barrier. At least he is ok thats the main thing

garya
14-08-2010, 20:00
hope he is ok.

dave r5
14-08-2010, 20:04
**** man. He helped me with mine after my off hope ur ok bud

BriC
14-08-2010, 20:16
Yeh he seemed fine :agree:

I was right by the barrier he crashed at, and overheard him speaking to the stewards.

Penfold aka The Dealer
14-08-2010, 20:36
Had a great day, not long got in, Sadly nick did write his car off - but in bloody good fashion, so fair play there :) I hope that he is ok and recovers well & gets a replacement car for future events.
Just got this from facebook, looks like nick is ok :-)
"Tory Bullock (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=512299960) Unfortunate end to a great national day but nicks ok just bruises and whiplash (could've been alot worse!), thanx to everyone for the support and concern x"

I have 1200 pictures and pretty much a pic of every car that went on track... caught a few spins (including 1 of nick before the above accident) :)

SCHWARTZ
14-08-2010, 20:41
didnt get to go:cry: but its never nice to hear that someone's had an off. hope both dave and nick are ok and sort out some new cars quick.:wasntme:

Tony Walker
14-08-2010, 20:48
:( hopefully somethings salvageable. Atleast he's ok.

Kenobi
14-08-2010, 20:48
Nick will be back stronger and better than ever, thats the way he does things. He will love have this tale to tell.

His bruises will heal, age is against him but he will heal.

We Love you Tarmac Trasher!!!!

:agree:

leesaunders1981
14-08-2010, 21:39
Top guy came to help me on thursday never met him before but he came out of his way to help.

Adam L
14-08-2010, 21:40
I was out on track when Nick went off. I came into the pits and there was half the paddock climbing the side wall. The other cars that came in were parked up in the pit lane to see what the commotion was about. I saw the car and honestly thought someone hadn't walked away from the crash. Nick was walking about, clearly in shock but at least he was ok.

BigWilly425
14-08-2010, 21:43
Sorry to hear this Nick - I hope you are OK and get well soon!

BigWilly425
14-08-2010, 21:46
BTW - which car was it? The green Clio or the Williams lookalike??

Markey Mark (BD)
14-08-2010, 21:52
It was the Willy look-a-like.

Glad to here he wasn't hurt and is ok but did bring a real shock as what can happen at a track day, as Adam said was really amazed that he walked out of it.

I got 2 pic's of the car when they had moved it off the track.

D4WNO
14-08-2010, 22:00
I'm just glad Nick is okay. He got out of the car, pulled his helmet off and popped his hat on! :laugh:

I can't imagine how Tor must have felt when she found out though, that's really been playing on my mind. I really cannot believe that I looked over the barrier and I saw the destroyed car....and then Nick walking around next to it. Insane and extremely lucky! We're all glad you are okay Nick, now just take some time to rest up, relax and let Tor look after you. :agree:

Tony Walker
14-08-2010, 22:09
The car held up pretty well without a cage.

Nick k
14-08-2010, 22:44

Glad to here he wasn't hurt and is ok but did bring a real shock as what can happen at a track day, as Adam said was really amazed that he walked out of it.

Well that's totally F*%ked that then :cry:, Im ok thanks just abit of whip lash. Yea my cowboy hat was on the parcel shelf which ended up in the middle of the track, had to go rescue that first ;) then off to hospital :D

Spooky
14-08-2010, 22:52
Glad to hear your alright Nick :agree:

Big Steve - Raider
14-08-2010, 23:21
:niceone: :niceone: :niceone: Millie & I are so relieved that everythings OK with you mate!!!

We were having a proper ding dong on the track just before your big accident!! Finally you had a reliable/well sorted car under you & the track was dry & us in our Clio's were on fine form!!

After much trying you eventually let me past then on the next lap I realised you weren't behind me & we were being red flagged!? :confused:

As Adam then mentioned we were all ushered into the pits & everyone was rushing to the wall to see what happened & I just caught you picking your (now) Lucky hat up off the track & putting it on your head! :laugh:

You'll be pleased to know that I videoed the recovery truck pulling your car off the track so you'll have something to show your grandkids when your giving them the "so you think you're a smart driver do you eh?" Speech!!

May pop round tomorrow morning if you're about & I can leave you an A-Frame to help you recover the Snotty Clio :laugh:

J8TRO
14-08-2010, 23:25
Snotty Clio :laugh:

That's just harsh when the man's down...................

But true :wasntme:

Bigfoot
15-08-2010, 02:17
Could believe it when Chris txt me about this. Glad you came out alright from that car, thats a bit of a mess :eek:

Sounds like a very eventful National day, and I wont be missing one again!!!

royz
15-08-2010, 09:22
nick glad t hear your ok.

Shane P
15-08-2010, 10:50
That doesn't look too healthy, glad to hear you are ok bud :agree:

Nick k
15-08-2010, 13:04
Hi all :)

Thanks for all the messages of support, Been back to mallory today to inspect whats left of the clio :( I really don't know how i walked away from that :eek:. That was a proper crash!.

I can remember the whole thing, I came out of the corner to shallow which put me across the track the towards the rumble strip and i thought i might just make this, the drivers back wheel touched the strip and then the back end let go and car started to come around anticlock wise. It dug in and then it became a light aircraft with no wings. Im sure it rolled twice, i just remember hanging on to the steering wheel and ducking down thinking this is not quite what i had in mind. When it finally landed i looked at the drivers door and thought i don't think thats going to open very well, look at the passenger door and umm. so i went for the dukes of hazard style exit out of the passenger window. I looked at the car for a sec :scratch:( that will not T-cut out ) then the boys in green arrived and carted me off to the hospital, not before i rescued my cowboy hat off the track.

So to sum up.

Dont drive like a t%*t on a wet track with crap tyres on your car as you might not be so lucky as me! Lesson learned the hard way :crap:

On a brighter note, the F7R megane engine that was i the clio seems to have survived and its still got coolent in it :agree: The willy wheel i need to have a good look at. Interia might need a hoover!

Cheers all.
Nick.

clee
15-08-2010, 13:07
Lucky boy Nick !
Glad you're OK :)

JRP
15-08-2010, 13:10
Glad your ok nick :) :agree:

J8TRO
15-08-2010, 13:14
the boys in green arrived and carted me off to the hospital, not before i rescued my cowboy hat off the track

:yeah:

jesus in the seat of a 5
15-08-2010, 13:23
"Interia might need a hoover! "

you legend kettle...:laugh:...:agree:

Lomo
15-08-2010, 13:52
"Interia might need a hoover! "

you legend kettle...:laugh:...:agree:

:laugh: Quality.....

Yeh man, Chuffed your ok Nick, it wasnt pretty when we saw everyone running over to the scene..

Adey aka Ewok
15-08-2010, 13:54
so who got the money shot on camera?

phase i 16 v turbo
15-08-2010, 14:29
Pleased to see you walked away. Take care.

dave r5
15-08-2010, 17:45
Glad u walked away mate. I know for a fact that I'm hurting very bad today
So u must be hurting a lot worse

philg
15-08-2010, 18:25
guted for you, but your ok, that whats important :)

Os8472
15-08-2010, 18:29
****tin hell, only just heard about this, thats one hell of a smash fella:eek: your damn lucky to walk away from that, wouldn't be a national day without somit big happening

Nick k
15-08-2010, 20:21
This should link you to facebook with afew pictures i took about 2 hours ago!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=195592&id=519133316&ref=mf

Enjoy!

Nick k
15-08-2010, 20:23
This should link you to facebook with afew pictures i took about 2 hours ago!!

Enjoy!

Stupid link dont work. just look on facebook or somebody more technical do the link for me .

cheers

Works now!! :agree:

car.crash
15-08-2010, 20:32
Just seen on Marc's ( car crash) facebook page that Tarmac trasher Nick (or Tarmac trashed Nick as he called him) has come off the track & smashed his car, Marc says he's ok, the car didn't look to clever from the piccies though :eek:

the trashed bit was a typo as i was on my phone.
glad your ok nick :)

Matt Cole
15-08-2010, 23:14

Not sure which body was in the crash? The clio or Brizza!:D

Only kidding Brizz:wasntme:

Nick k
16-08-2010, 18:16
Update:

Turns out that so robbing *******s has stolen my DVD head unit out of the Clio when it was sitting in the paddack in mallory park between saturday night and Sunday 5pm :mad: not like kicking a man when he's down !!

Nick k
16-08-2010, 18:19
Update:

Turns out that some robbing *******s has stolen my DVD head unit out of the Clio when it was sitting in the paddack in mallory park between saturday night and Sunday 5pm :mad: not like kicking a man when he's down !!:(

Penfold aka The Dealer
16-08-2010, 18:21
You F*cking what??? What C*nt would do something like that...

Nick i am gutted for you :(

car.crash
16-08-2010, 18:28
There was alot of bikes in the paddock after rtoc left so may not have been a rtoc member.

Penfold aka The Dealer
16-08-2010, 18:29
There was alot of bikes in the paddock after rtoc left so may not have been a rtoc member.

I didnt see that... I will edit my post ;)

Lomo
16-08-2010, 18:51
Update:

Turns out that so robbing *******s has stolen my DVD head unit out of the Clio when it was sitting in the paddack in mallory park between saturday night and Sunday 5pm :mad: not like kicking a man when he's down !!

WTF!?!? :mad::disagree:

Thats awful :( Sorry to hear it Nick...:(

rs250nut
16-08-2010, 18:53
What fecking ****ers, proper kick in the bollocks. They must have some sort of cctv

Big Steve - Raider
16-08-2010, 19:59
That's absolutely Appawling!! :rolleyes::badone::jerkoff:

It wouldn't have been an RTOC member as it was in the Car on the Sunday morning when we were looking at it on Sunday Morning.

FCKIN Pikey Bikers! :(

JRP
16-08-2010, 20:02
****ers shame on them...

andyrg
16-08-2010, 20:15
total ****ers...... cant trust any one these days :(

bod 182
16-08-2010, 20:21
Another kick in the nuts for him as if smashing the clio up wasn,t enough,sorry to hear that mate:sad2:

djinuk
16-08-2010, 20:22
really sorry to hear about the head unit man, takes the piss and one can only hope they burn in hell. Crashed cars seem a easy target, a friend crashed his clio down some lanes, he ran to get help, and 10 mins later his headunit had gone.

soapymech
16-08-2010, 20:28
sure i see someone walk off with the wing mirror too. SLAGS

bartebk
16-08-2010, 20:41
****ing Scumbags!!
Bang outta order that like, there was stuff all over the inner car park on Sat. and, to my knowledge, nowt went walkies.
I can't imagine any of the RTOC club nicking it, but I suppose you never know,my money is went on the Sun.,not that it helps.

andyrg
16-08-2010, 22:10
sure i see someone walk off with the wing mirror too. SLAGS

I think you may find that the lad collected the wing mirror from the sid eof the rack after it hit his leg, and was returning it back in the car ;)

Kris M
16-08-2010, 22:15
tossers Nick.....As stated, it would of been between Sunday lunchtime and whenever you picked the car up on Sunday evening as i distinctly remember seeing the head unit when we looked around the car on Sunday morning......pikey bikers :mad:

Streetfighter
17-08-2010, 11:32
Update:

That's outrageous! I missed the drama on the day as i'd packed up & gone but I'm pleased you're ok, it's amazing really considering the level of damage!

Dudders
17-08-2010, 16:17
dude i just seen a couple of pics of your 'off' at the weekend, i gotta say that you are sh*t lucky there. i work i the fire service and have seen people killed in lesser shunts than that!! aslo sorry to hear that some thieving scumbag nicked your stereo, some poeple have no morals i just hope that it got broken in the accident. hope you are getting better and that you find another chariot soon mate.:)