PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft problem?

Slim
14-08-2010, 14:42
How can you tell if your drive shaft is nackered? i hear random knock knock knocking that comes and goes... feel it only when in gears i think and not when rolling in neutral.. ?? and why do driveshafts fail? ive changed it once before..

Mr Raider
14-08-2010, 14:56
Driveshafts are knackered when they knock on full lock from outter cv joint as they are worn or dry due to grease pack escaping from split gaitor, any kind of knocking noise is not a good sign! :scared:

Slim
14-08-2010, 15:00
hmmm... well the knocking noise is not from the engine... im sure is something in the drivetrain/suspension somewhere :S at least thats what is sounds like. And its not constant either.. comes and goes :scratch:

Schakal
14-08-2010, 15:44
are you sure its not the exhaust knocking on the body ?

dangerous dave
14-08-2010, 15:52
As above, try check the exhaust etc, my exhaust has knocked at slow speeds under load before, anti roll bar car knock away. If it's knocking away increasing speed in timing with road speed your likely looking at a shaft. Jack the car up and spin the wheel, see if you can find it.

Slim
14-08-2010, 16:29
k.. gna jack it up on monday now... and have a look and see what i can find... always problems!! :mad: